Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greasy

SIEMENS LOGO

8 posts in this topic

What is your experience with the logos have any of you used the pc software to program them is it user friendly an are they durable thanks Greasy

Hello and Welcome, I use the Seimens Logo Quite a bit in panels for stand alone equipment. If you have an application that will require a few timers and relays I find the logo works well instead of using alot of individual components. The Logo Soft Software is very user frendly and easy to use once you get used to it, and it has a simulation mode so you can simulate your project before putting it into service. I know the software is up to at least version 6 which is the latest version that I have. I have some that have been in service for over 5 years and never had a problem with them. They are inexpensive so for a small job they fit the bill quite well. Allen Bradley also makes something comparable called PICO, but I am more familliar with Siemens Logo. Best Regards BCS

I agree, Logo is a solid product with easy to use software.

There are many different types of "programmable relay" similar to the Logo. Eaton (ex Moeller) Easy, AB Pico, xLogicsoft, Omron Zen - all are much the same. However I have found the Eaton Easy to be the "easiest" to use and feel the software is much better than the Logo software. My preference would be the Eaton Easy every time. FYI the AB Pico is a "badged" Eaton Easy, the software is available from the AB web site http://ab.rockwellau...coSoft-Software Edited by Moggie

I have used Siemens Logo (which is also Idec Smart Relay), Mitsubishi Alpha, and once an AB Pico. I found the LogoSoft to be the simplest of the bunch. But this was years ago. I still use a Logo for outdoor lights and pool pump.

Hi, I got a SIEMENS LOGO! 12/24RCo and Iam in need of the software to uplaoad aand download the program from the pc to the plc. can you pls help me on this and my email is madhanrajk1972@yahoo.com. thanks in advance

first open the software off logo on the top of the page go to help then make update. what vercion is your logo? oba??

Check Siemens website. I believe it may be free, but can't say for sure. If it's not free, nobody here will make illegal copies of it. That would be against the terms of use you signed when you created your account.