Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RayDog26

Jobs for Entry Level ?

8 posts in this topic

So I was wondering how the job market is and what experienced people think the job market is like. I am in training at college and in need of a PLC programmer job. I was a residential electrician and I have been laid off for a while now so i decided to get some training in PLC programming which is something I wanted to do for a while. Is it possible in this economy to get a job in this industry with no experience ??? I have been looking every where and haven't found one job... Thanks for your input !! Ray

Funny a monster.com advanced search for keyword PLC and entry level jobs returns 116 openings. Last I knew 116 was greater than 1 :) Education and will to work you should find something. It may take some searching.

LMFAO no way ?? I been searching all the time. Guess I been doing something wrong... Thank you tho.

Ray, I am seeing it totally different as well. Head hunters are calling me WEEKLY with job offers for Controls Engineering. On linked in, I see over 100 jobs in a 200 mile radius of Indiana that are automation based. Also I just chatted no long ago with Nissan in TN that are making the LEAF, and they are hiring 60+ entry level automation engineers as well.

thank you Chris i will have to look on linkedin. I haven't been on there in a while but certainly worth looking now. much appreciated !!! Don't see that job with Nissan on there any more. guess they filled all the positions. Edited by RayDog26

Go here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_advsearch.asp?SID=^k6HppJ7ViYRzR_slp_rhc_SyRGf6FtmNUUtVk5xEvA_slp_rhc_Z/ArFsPBOE7EWGEM0da0SC3DuqUqz&ref=1122201185855 Select US Smyra, TN (new plant building the Nissan Leaf) then ALL There are 23 jobs, looks like most are maintenance, some are engineering.
1 person likes this

thanks. Yeah I seen those jobs but they want in the field experience. All the entry lvl are gone but I wll now watch and keep an eye out on that. much appreciate. I have been running down a few leads. Rockwell has an opening and willing to train too

then try to get experience... you can try to volunteer for 2-3 weeks and if they like you you are hired, if not, you can use the opportunity to build experience by learning - on actual job... this will help you better judge your own skill and areas to improve on.
1 person likes this