Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterboy

PLC 5/11 reports as 5/20

7 posts in this topic

I have a PLC 5/11 that reports to RSLinx as a 5/20. I constructed the program for the 5/11 and when I went to download it I was forced to change the processor type. It shows in RSWho as a 5/20 as well. I was able to run the program I wrote but I am concerned about this misidentification because it does have a different memory size. I looked at the prior version of pgms for this PLC and they ALL show as 5/20 so this has gone on for a long time. I don't have any more 5/11's to see if this one is simply broken so I'll replace it with a 5/30 I have, but is this a common problem and is it fixable?

I have a PLC5/11 on my desk. See picture below,as you can see RSLinx ver 2.54 does sees it as a PLC5/11. Post your program if you can and I will try to load it in my PLC. Edited by Mickey

I appreciate the offer but even when I pull the battery and connect it still shows as a 5/20. Its not the program at that point.

What's the full catalog number of the processor?

1785-L11B C PLC-5/11 Processor Series C Firmware Rev D

Is the RSLinx/RSWho browse running over DF1 or over DH+ ? Have you tried deleting the driver and re-browsing ? What physical interface device are you using ? (PCMK, U2DHP, etc) The fact that RSLogix required you to change the controller type does suggest the controller, rather than the network interface or software, is the malfunctioning element.

DH+ over PCMK card in laptop. Yes deleted multiple times, Changed it's address as well. Its kinda interesting. Fortunately its a non critical piece of equipment so I can play with it when I am in the area without serious consequence.