Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OmronFAQ

V600 tag protection problem

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, We are using a V600-DRT unit and have set data on a tag at address 0000h. The data written was #00ff. When a new value was to be written we now get a memory protection error - bit 4 flashes on V600 module. The first address on the tag is reserved for write protecting (opps didnt know that). Any suggestions on how to remove protection? Have done what is suggested in manual. ie. set bit 7 of address 0000h to off (no protection) but this does not work! Any help would be great!

Well, I have not worked with V600 yet, but according to my previous experiences by other RFID Tags such as Phillips, it is impossible to make it writable again. This property used if you want to assign an extra unique ID to each tag, or an unique key for encryiption algorithms. I am not sure but I think it has a 8K MIFARE chip inside. You may try to search MIFARE, but I think it is impossible to rise V600 again from the grave. :*-(

Traveling at the moment. Will look up answer tomorrow. Check back here.

I know you have tried this before, but for the benefit of other readers, I am posting the topic from the manual. Have you tried #007F? How about another tag or did you write all the ones in the system? How about using a full reader/writer to recover the tag? Maybe Sleepy has one.

Hey Rob, I spoke to GN at Omron AUS and he indicated that the tag now is basically stuffed so to speak as pointed out in the previous post from mootsy. Sorry buddy...but hey he could be wrong..... Tangent...... Also on the side check out a post by Kink regarding Omron in mining applications link, give him a PM and he might be able to help on future projects.... all the best Sleepy......

All, Managed to correctly set data on tag using an Omron V600 read/write handheld unit. I tried various values and none would prevent the memory protect error. It seems that this protection method may be a property of the V600-DRT unit! I guess a note for users is dont use address 0000 unless you know what your doing.