Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob O

ML1100 comms with Omron

7 posts in this topic

We have a customer that sells their equipment with a ML1100 and one of their customers is asking for communications/MSG between an Omron CJ1M-CPU13 and CJ1W-ENT21 with the ML1100 Ethernet port. Any help on if this is even possible is appreciated. Thanks

Bob, I found a different thread with example programming for CJ1 to ML1400 via explicit messaging, but using the Ormon EIP module. User PMCR started the topic...try looking at it.

I am not sure if this is directly transferrable to the ML1100, but it might give you some clues and guidance. http://forums.mrplc....ds&showfile=934 Stu....

Thank you! That helped point us in the right direction. Note the PDF says the ML does implicit but checking with RA they state it is explicit but Omron also stated that with the EIP it is doable.

I have an EIP21 on a CS1 talking to AB ControlLogix PLC. It works, but I was disappointed with the way it was implemented. It is basically I/O for the CLX. Take a close look at the Manuals and Data Sheets before going that way, to make sure it will do what you need. Stu....

The most painless way to do it would be to use a Red Lion Data Station http://www.redlion.net/Products/HumanMachineInterface/DataStationPlus.html

Thanks Tim! I have past this along.