Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doppy

E Designer

3 posts in this topic

Hows it goin I am replacing a E710 with a E1071 touch screen. Can you tell how to bring the project across without losing the symbols etc. I had to upload the project on V6 and change using V7 before changing the terminal type. Thanks in anticapation of a comprehensive answer.

I don't have any other suggestions than to just give it a try..... It should, according to Beijer Electronics, work perfectly but I'm not sure I would trust that statement..... In any case, keep a backup of the original program before doing ANY modifications....

I did it with an E600 to a E1060. I was assured it would convert too - but it didn't exactly. 1st note - save the original file away safe as the conversion changes it and you cannot go back. It asks you questions as you are converting and the wrong answer results in rubbish screens. Then when eventually you get a conversion - all the placings are wrong. Everything is squashed in the middle of the screen. So you have to move each object to its correct position by hand - on every screen. A lot of screens = a lot of patience. I had to run 2 versions of e designer. One with the original screens so I could see where everything went and the other with the converted project.