Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fjb

newbie with omron c120

14 posts in this topic

Although, not a newbie to programming or too ladder logic i recently picked up a cheap omron c120 for a really cheap price. this is the 120 volt version so i need a transformer but with it i got all sorts of bits: the main part 3g2c4-sc 023e loaded with two 3g2a6-oc222 io boards with terminal blocks. 1 3g2c4-cpu233e Ram card, 1 3g2c4-cpu 33e with cg4 62h102 main board. 2 3g2c4-si021 : 1 loaded with 2 3g2a6-1a121 AC input (terminal blocks missing) Waht do you do with these cards? The other Si-021 has 1 3g2a6-od211-1b with terminal blocks missing and 3g2a6-1m213 with terminal blocks. Also there is a LK202 host link (I'm not sure what its for but i suspect its for uploading ladder logic via serial, am I right?) and i've just ordered a Programming Console C120-PR015 at a fair price from ebay. As this is a huge learning curve for me i appreciate any advice for getting this up and running including software for uploading ladder, locations for reasnable priced bits in the uk, what all these cards actually do etc. Thanks for any advice.

I uploaded the manual for the C120. You can download it here: C120 User Manual This product was discontinued about 15 years ago. You are correct about the LK202, it is a computer interface, this one is RS422. Support software would be Syswin, which is also discontinued. CX-Programmer would be able to upload a program to allow conversion to newer hardware, but would not allow program modification or download. Hope this will help.

You mean as in, programme, erase, upload new software etc as in no on board editing? does cx programmer come with an emulator? Thanks

C120 is ancient. Discontinued well before I worked for Omron in 98. Syswin is the programming software. CX Programmer can't program these legacy devices.

The PRO15 will allow you to program, edit and troubleshoot your program. You do need to understand the PRO15 is a single element programmer, meaning you see a single program contact/coil at a time. You may be able to locate a copy of Syswin if you do some searching. Syswin would allow you to fully support the C120 with computer software. CX-Programmer is the current Omron plc programming software package. CX-Programmer is part of CX-One which includes the entire software suite to support Omron products. A few versions back, the ability to upload from certain legacy products was added and C120 were part of that. You would be able to upload the program. You may be able to view the code (not sure about that). You could save the program and then convert it to CS1 or CJ1 hardware. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, put we are looking at very old hardware. I do know there is still a fair amount of this product out there still running everyday. Hope this will help and good luck.

Upload as in transferring existing code on the 120 to the pc then reversing? Suprisingly that's not what i had in mind as i'd keep a copy of any logic i create on my pc unless you mean any i create with the pro15 then such would be useful but no essential I was also curious as if i can pro grammatically use the pro15 as a user interface as well as coding with it.

The PRO15 would allow you to view contact status, and timer and counter values. You can also change timer and counter presets and DM memory values. I think this information is in the manual for the C120.

I was thinking of whether the pro15 would be able to interact with programme parameters such as using it's up and down buttons for shifting bit patters to a stepper motor for example.

Syswin on ebay: Also: Google Syswin 3.4 and look for tryplc.com

Thanks for that. At work they have a copy of cx-one version 4. I looked at cx-programmer and I couldn't cee my c120 on there. I did see a section where you can set cpu, and memory types etc but in truth i don't know the cpu of the 120 or how much memory it has got.

CX Programmer does not support C120/500 for programming or online editing. You will have to use Syswin.

So programmer doesn't have a downloadable driver for the c120/c500? Does syswin have an emulator?

Syswin was written in the mid 1990's and does not have a simulator. You could use the simulator with CX Programmer if you picked CJ1 and contained your program to use only those instructions that C120 supports. See posted manual above.