Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flinana

Factory Focus

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to install an extra termianl where the operator can only view and not control anyhtiung at all for an intouch SCADA system. I want to know if i need to buy a factory focus licence in order to display screens or is there another way possible? Thanks

Factory Focus is the best solution although it will set you back a couple thousands for the license. You can try PCAnywhere or Remote Desktop or something similiar at a lesser price but you can only control from one pc at a time and you will have to write some special scripts to limit access to the screens when in remote control. Another option is to use Terminal Serive but that will cost you $$$ for the terminal and licenses.

I've used Radmin before if your client has a dedicate IP address: http://www.radmin.com/ It cost $35.00 for a single install. Which allows a connection between TWO computers. One view is VIEW ONLY, or total remote control. I don't know if you can script with Radmin but it's something to check out. They have a free trial too.

Check out tight vnc Tightvnc It is a free dl and you I belive you can set it up so that you can use the mouse/kbd ect or not.