Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DougtatDiamond

SLC-150 in need of resuscitation

14 posts in this topic

Hello all fellow AB experts, I am in need of a look-see into my SLC-150. I have old RSS files which I beleive to be from a DOS version (not 100% sure) that I do not have. I can not get these files open with my RSLogix500 software. If anyone here can please print these to a PDF file, I would be greatly appreciative and will hope to pass the good karma on to someone else some day. The ultimate goal is to get this crossed over to a Micrologix and on a supported platform. Thank you very much in advance of your assistance, Doug 94C_PKR_BAK006.RSS 94C_PKR.RSS

The first one opened fine in RSLogix500 v8.10. The SLC-150 cannot be programmed with RSLogix500, so this file: a) was written to replace a SLC-150 b) came from some other machine. The file has a SLC 5/04 as the selected processor. What version of RSLogix500 do you have? I exported it as a SLC library file. see if your version can open it now, and if not, I can make a pdf report for you. 94C_PKR_BAK006.zip

Thanks OkiePC, My guy is out of the office with the laptop right now, but I know we do not have v8.10. tracking down multi-year old documentation on a machine that has not been accessed in the same amount of time is always fun. Other than the infamous handheld with the missing cable right now, I am kind of blind. The filenames coorespond to the machine that has the SLC-150 on it. I will be able to make a match based on the I/O list. If you could do the PDF that would be great because I am not going to have my laptop back until Monday and I want to get back to the plant today sometime with my findings. I really appreciate your help. - Doug

my distinguished colleague OkiePC is offline right now ... see if this will help ... 94C_PKR.pdf 94C_PKR_BAK006.pdf and welcome to the forum ...

Thanks a million Ron, I hope to return the favor some day. - Doug

My apologies for digging up an old post, I was searching the forums because I have the same issue as DougtatDiamond. I wanted to ask how Ron extracted the ladder program and which plc files are needed? Love the site, first time post, long time viewer. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Bob, In re-reading the first couple of post I noticed the mentioning of an .rss file which I do not have. I think I may have gotten the SLC 150 confused with the 100, though I thought they both had the same editors. The actual SLC is a 100 and these are the only files that are in my possession (.PLC, .SLF, .SLP, SLD, and .SLX). I tried opening with PCIS, 5, 500, and 5000 with no luck. I found the DB2SLC conversion program but I cannot seem to get it to convert any of the above mentioned files. What I'm looking for is a way to convert the program (ladder and comments if possible) to simple text print out. My laptop doesn't have the serial port and the machine is in production. I would hate to hook up to it and brick the SLC.

I have used PCIS with the SLC-150, and I am pretty sure (but not positive) that it should work with the SLC-100 as well. I run it on windows XP within a shareware program called DoxBox (version 0.72). This allows my PC with a real serial port to connect and monitor/edit/save programs with my two SLC-150s I still support. I have only edited the file a couple of times, and I have forgotten the file extensions, but I think it was a single file (although I could be mistaken there, too). I don't recongize the file extensions you listed, so I am not sure they belong to any SLC, unless they are some sort of export file, or perhaps your system is more elaborate than mine and used features which generate those other files. I would suggest zipping your files and attaching to a post here, so someone can attempt to open them, or be able to recognize the PLC type and versions based on the file types. I may be able to try them out with my version of PCIS on Monday time permitting. The first link in these results refreshed my memory...the file should have a .100 extension...I think my 150s have the same extension...anyway, look at some of these results: http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=PCIS+slc-150+file+extensions&btnG=Google+Search

I did find a TechConnect document listing those file extensions: .SLC Contains Rung Logic and Addresses .SLD Contains Bit Descriptions .SLP Index Pointer File .SLR Contains Rung Descriptions .SLT Contains Page Title Text .SLX Cross Reference File .SLF Report Format File .SLB BLOCK of Rungs .DFG Wiring Logistics interface file These are for "SLC Ladder Logistics" software, aka "AI-100/150" which I was an ICOM Inc. software product, whereas PCIS was an Allen-Bradley product and used a ".100" or ".150" file. Both of these were before Rockwell International bought Allen-Bradley and later ICOM. Go ahead and ZIP and post the files you have, and Forum members can look around their archives for AI-100/150 software and activations. Edited by Ken Roach

Thanks for the reply's all, Attached are the files that I had mentioned in an above post. slc.zip

I opened the program in SLC Logistics, and it doesn't look right. All it displays is "SLC-100 END 885" "SLC-150 END 1200" (see attached screen shot) This may not be the correct software to use, or I may be doing something wrong (I'm not experienced at all with these things).

I've been trying on and off to get the program to open. I've even dug out my floppy drive and tried that way. It seems that the wrong files were backed up from 1988. I'm just going to chalk this up to bad backup procedures and find a compatible laptop off of Ebay. The 150 is eventually being phased out for a Micro, I just wanted to make sure that I had a good program before I started converting. Thanks everyone for all of your efforts, much appreciated. Edited by S:FS

If you see an END statement with a number after it, that number represents the memory left (in steps I believe) in the processor. Needless to say, if the memory left equals the max memory of the processor..... That is the same problem a customer had and it turned out the EEprom was gone....program was gone. For the cost to rewrite, and the chance that a week later the flash could wipe itself again, we just replaced it with something new and wrote from scratch.