Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linhvct

CP1H with CJ1W SCU31 - how can I set up Modbus Easy Master

4 posts in this topic

Dear all! I have a question that "does Modbus Easy Master Function work only when Communication option board CIF11 or CIF01 is eqipped?" Cause I have been using Communication Extended module CJ1W SCU31 and I can't use Modbus Easy function to communicate to Inverters. Is there any way to make it work with CJ1W SCU31? Thanks!

Not that I am aware. I use the SCU cards all the time and use the protocol macro method for Modbus - much easier I believe anyway. you can find it in the download section on this site for Omron.

Bob's answer is correct. The 'Easy Modbus' function only supports the 2 plug in serial ports on CP1H. Protocol Macro is the best fit for your application. You can also use the Modbus Master that I have in the download section in your configuration. The PLC project has 2 PLCs in it. Use the one developed for a CJ or CS PLC, and change the PLC type to a CP1H. That way the CIF31 is supported. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=867

BTW: If you haven't already taken a look at PMCR's Modbus Master Code, it is totally awesome!