Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OmronFAQ

OMRON CX SUPERVISOR

6 posts in this topic

Hello there Omron Folk, I am looking for some sample CX Supervisor projects. The built in samples are ok but I am chasing some more fancy graphics. Has anybody got a sample or two?? I am interested in peoples thoughts and efforts towards basic animation as well. I have investigated active-x elements and was also interested in other ideas of making this package more attractive to users. Any ideas, let me know.

Hi, I usually program in CX-Supervisor. My general opinion about ActivX is that cx-supervisor is not quite really prepared to use them :(. Sometimes the aplications crash only for that. As an example, the only activx i'm using right now is a picbutton and when exiting the aplication in some pc's it gives an error. sometimes when this appens if i run the project again i have no comunications with the plc (witch is really bad). I'm also looking for new ideas and thoughts about grafics and activex and other stufs on cx-supervisor. we could exchange some ideas. My e-mail is goncalo_almeida@hotmail.com if you want to talk about it tell me something Best regards, Gonçalo Almeida

The graphics library is quite extensive but I have never used a single graphic besides some icons from it. Their a bit too static to me and not suitable to visualize statusses. I always end up screwing around in paint. Although it takes time, you can make it how you want it, and you have unique graphics! Enough grahpics on the web to use as a basis, and if you modify it enough you won't have any copyright troubles. psst if you have NS-designer v6 have a look in the folder C:\Program Files\OMRON\NS-Designer_V6\intaparts\BMPfiles /sneaky mode

yep, The graphics in the library are a bit rude. I often use the 3d pipes. but thats all. i usually make my graphics. But usualy use corel draw for making 3d perspectives and tranparencys

Perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned using paint, but I just like the simpleness of the program. Probably because in the early HMI days you were already happy if you had a 4 coulour bitmap After all I'd like to think I'm a programmer rather than a graphic designer.... although thats what I probably was in my previous life Do you create your files and import them as *.wmf using Coreldraw ? Because bitmaps don't support transparency!? Youre right; I forgot. The 3-d pipes are excellent Edited by PdL

Just curious OMRONFAQ, hows the ABB thing going ????