Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
siriusblack

Ethernet Problem

15 posts in this topic

We are using Ethernet Card QJ71E71-100 to serve as a link for our data collector. After installation and proper configuration it can not seem to work. The [sD] LED does not blink. We already followed the procedure listed in the troubleshooting guide but everything fails. There are no PLC or Ethernet error being shown in the diagnostic. When the LOOP check was performed, it was able to show the IP address we have set. But when we perform the PING test, there's no response. A laptop was also connected directly to the ethernet card and perform PING test but it prompted "desitination host unreachable" What seems to be the problem with the card?

What are the settings you have made for your ethernetcard and PC etc. Are you using a hub/switch or an cross cable between the PC and the PLC.

Network Type - Ethernet Starting I/O - 00B0 Network no - 2 Group no. - 2 Station no. - 2 Mode - Online For Ethernet Operation Communication Data Code - Binary Initial Timing - Always wait for OPEN IP address - Input DEC IP Address - 155.124.21.239 Send Setting Frame - Ethernet (V2.0) TCP Existence confirmation setting - Use the PING For the Open Setting Protocol - TCP Open System - Unpassive Fixed Buffer - Send Fixed Buffer Com Proc. - Procedure Exist Pairing Open - Disable Existence Confirmation - No confirm Host Station port no. - 0401 We are using a switch and the cable is not crossover

And your laptop settings? Edited by Gambit

I apologize. I did not quite get your last question regarding laptop setting? How do I get the setting for my laptop? When we do PING test we just use run command ping IP.

In cmd, write "ipconfig /all" and copy the "answer" and post it here so that we can check the settings....

I know it seems pretty basic but have you confirmed your cable is good. I have seen all to many times a reliable cable go bad or a new cable be no good and after a long time troubleshooting that is where you end up. Just a thought...

Your IP address on your laptop needs to be on the same network as the PLC. That's what he meant by the settings on the laptop. So the laptop IP address has to be set to some value beginning with 155.124.21.xxx. This is of course assuming that the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. Did you set any port open settings? Those are required to open a connection to the module. If all you wanted to do was access with the programming software, you need to set at least one port to TCP MELSOFT Connection.

IPv4 Address - 155.124.184.180 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.128 Default Gateway - 155.124.184.129 DHCP Server - 155.124.171.106 DNS Servers - 192.44.212.206 - 192.44.120.10 - 143.26.128.29 Primary WINS Server - 192.44.100.163 Secondary WINS Server - 155.118.56.53

Network Type - Ethernet Starting I/O - 00B0 Network no - 2 Group no. - 2 Station no. - 2 Mode - Online For Ethernet Operation Communication Data Code - Binary Initial Timing - Always wait for OPEN IP address - Input DEC IP Address - 155.124.21.239 Send Setting Frame - Ethernet (V2.0) TCP Existence confirmation setting - Use the PING For the Open Setting Protocol - TCP Open System - Unpassive Fixed Buffer - Send Fixed Buffer Com Proc. - Procedure Exist Pairing Open - Disable Existence Confirmation - No confirm Host Station port no. - 0401

Your computer and your PLC are not on the same subnet.

I am fairly new at networking but correct me if I am wrong I think I see a couple problems. With a mask off 255.255.255.128 that means you have 126 free nodes for each subnet, starting with X.X.X.1, or X.X.X.130 (X.X.X.0 and X.X.X.129 being the default gateways). If the laptop is 155.124.21.239 and your PLC is 155.124.184.180, they aren't even on the same network. The network addresses are 155.124.21.128 node 111 for the first and 155.124.184.128 node 32. Now the two nodes being less than 128 designate them in subnet one with the mask you are using, but the network addresses are not the same so it does not matter.

As I said, they are on different networks. The third byte of one IP address was 184,. the other 21. So they are nowhere near on the same network. Routers better exist which can move that traffic from one network to the other. if they were on the same network, both would have first 3 bytes of IP matching.

Yeah you would almost have to do a router on a stick config with VLAN configs