Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

Silly question time again

4 posts in this topic

Here we go again. Client wants motion graphics. Can a clock pulse be set up in the screens to show different bitmaps? I do this all the time with Citect but cannot find how to do it in the screens. Basically, internal clock to change bitmaps every second. Rotating fan, smoke from the generator exhaust etc. Generaly about 4 bitmaps each time with a trigger to show them or have a blank screen. I have all the bitmaps from projects past in Citect but cannot figure out how to implement them in a touch screen. Getting in where I did not really want to know but pretty pictures appear to be all the go. I am sure some of you have been there before as some of you have become very proficient with the screens. Darned if I can work it out - the manuals are nowhere near as good as Citect for example.

Hi, Bob. Use $SB0 for pulse bit. See Example Below. Look at Macro on $SB0. Can be used over and over. ROTATBMP.zip

Thanks Jay. Will have a look and see how I go. Customers are starting to expect screens to be SCADA packages.

Tell me about it Bob... maintaining these oversized HMI programs is a nightmare... we have decided to go back to basic again. Just 2 flavors, simple basic HMI for local control and alarms, or a SCADA package. Just too much work into these things. When the Omron distributor stops by and you show him a NS12 program and he thinks its a Dyalox running CX-Supervisor, you know you have gone too far