Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rongdat

NT2S-SF122B-EV1

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. I have a problem and I need some help please. I have a HMI "NT2S-SF122B-EV1" without the cable to connect to PLC or PC either. If anyone has the diagram of these cables, please help me (They all use DB9 connection). Thank you so much. Kevin

Hi, See attached. Pages are from the manual installed together with NTXS 1.4 which is the recommended programming software (NTXS is the successor of NT2S). You can download the latest version of NTXS at www.myomron.com (register first) or http://www.omron247.com/Industrial-Automation/Store/OmronDownloads_-1_10051_10051 (see Automation Systems >> Operator Interface Displays (HMI) ) Cable NT2S to PLC+Programming cable.pdf

Hi, This very old HMI requires NT2ST SW. So do not use NTXS. The PC cable is called NT2S-CN002. The PLC cable depends on which PLC will be connected. regards, MPM

In that case I apoligize for the confusion.. So NT2S-SF122B-EV1 needs NT2S software, but NT2S-SF122B-EV2 can be done through NTXS?

Thank you so much for your help, it's exactly what I need for connecting this device with CP1M. I have both NTXS 1.4 and NT2S, and I think NTXS should work with NT2S-SF122B-EV1. The only thing different between EV1 and EV2 is power supply. EV1 uses power from PLC via RS232 (+5V), but EV2 has connection for external power supply (24V). Best regard Kevin

That's what I thought as well. Anyway I hope it helps you. My experience in the past however is that the units powered from serial/peripheral port break down quite easily. I hope yours doesn't

Yes PdL, that what I'm worry about. I think power from PLC not strong enough for LCD screen, this power is designed to work on signal RS232 only, it could work for a short term 15-30min with LCD, but I'm not sure if it works for all day long. I will modify a little bit by adding a fuse 500mA on the pin of VCC+5V, I expect it will protect serial port on PLC. Thank you PdL again. Kevin

HI All, I see there is some confusion / misunderstanding with reghards to EV1 and EV2. differences between EV1 and EV2 are design differences ( internal powersupply, used memory et) NT2S-Sf121-EV1 has same as connection possibilities as NT2S-SF121-EV2 this is same for all models ( SF122, 123, 125,126,127) Sf121 and Sf125 are powered by 24V. all others are powered by PLC. Despite the comments mentioned The experience is quiet strange regarding the breakdown of the NT2S which is powered by PLC. My information tells me these units are sold most and hardly ever break down. What I can imagine is that users create there own cables ( not use the OMRON ones) Using the wrong cables( with high resistive wires) you can expect a voltage drop or failures. Regarding the fuse of 500mA in the power circuit the max power will not do much, I believe 50mA is max current from serial port. Nt2S should , if my calculations are correct draw around 30mA NT2S-SF122 connected PLC you mean CPM1 ( NOT CP1M) this requires the cable NT2S-CN222-V2 or NT2S-CN225-V2. These V2 cables have low resistive powerlines to reduce voltage drop. regards, MPM

Thanks bro MPM, I've failed to connect with CPM1 (with peripheral port), now I try with CPM2 (serial port). I have no idea how current of RS232 is, so if the RS232's power only 30mA, I don't understand how it could run the LCD of NT2S-SF122-EV1. But I find out this cable is used to connect with handheld programming that has LCD display, so i think it should be OK to connect with the little EV1. And to protect HMI, I'll add an 30mA (not 500mA) fuse on power's pin :) Best regards Kevin Edited by rongdat

HI Kevin, Just to clarify. NT2S-SF122B Connecting peripheral on CPM1 you need for NT2S-CN222-V2 or NT2S-CN225-V2 cables The drivers for CPM1A on this port are CMOS level and NOT RS232. If you connect now CPM2A, DSUB9 , you need NT2S-CN242-V1 cable Programming EV1 you need NT2ST programming SW. ( cable needed NT2S-CN002) Protocol is HL Standard settings. regards, MPM

I agree with MPM, unit will run all day connected to the peripheral port. The units weakness is the NT2ST software, it's buggy. The front and back of the case comes unglued if tightened slightly too tight. Edited by bluebyu

Thank you bro MPM and everyone, I've built both of cables that PdL gave me, they work well when I connect EV1 with CPM2. I program EV1 by NT2ST software. Bro MPM, I don't know if you have the diagram of NT2S-CN222-V2 or NT2S-CN225-V2 cable, I want to try to connect with CPM1. best regards Kevin Edited by rongdat

Hi Kevin, No I do not but know they are stocked items at OMRON. It is a special connector attached. I know they also have this CIF which converts the CMOS output on CPM1 to DSUB If you use this CIF you can use the same cable as for CPM2. regards, MPM