Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lachuu

unable to upload from CPM1A OMRON

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm trying to upload program from CPM1A - 40CDR - A - V1 OMRON PLC. But my bad luck unable to get program. PLC: CPM1A - 40CDR - A - V1 Expansions: 8ED, 8ER Communication Cable: CPM1-CIF01 + UC 232A Software: CX-Programmer 7.3 PC: IBM ThinkpadT43 I tried my best to pull out the program but always I fail in it. I tried Auto Online and Manual Online (Create Blank Project and tried connecting online) I have chosen correct COM Port, Baud Rate and Network Type. I tried "Scan Serial Ports For PLCs" Once I select COM Port and hit next, it says "Modem port has been Selected. Do you wish to continue." If I click yes Same window popup again. I click on Yes. Following errors coming up. "Cannot transfer the Function Block definition because FB Source has been transferred to the PLC. Do you wish to continue?" If I click yes. coming up with transfer window but after few seconds got second error popup states that "Failed to upload the expansion functions" If I click OK. Third error popup "Failed to upload the settings". If I click OK. Finally got " Program upload from PLC NewPLC1" Upload successful. Once I hit OK. It says "Upload Successful" I believe that I have given enough information. Seeking a wise solution to overcome this issue, help me out. I'm new to OMRON PLCs. Regards Lachuu

Finally did it uploaded the program? 2 or 3 things you need to know: CPM1 does not support function block CPM1 does not support expansion instructions Do no expect to upload the symbols and comments, you will get only the ladder and adresses.

Hi pfort, program uploaded but not completely. I have attached a screen shot how it looks like. you said CPM1A will not support FB. then how can it be uploaded to PLC. I also attached .cxp & .opt files Its really wired. help me please Untitled.zip Edited by Lachuu

Is that program actually working in that PLC?

Fella's, let's go back to basics. To guarantee what the peripheral port is setup for, put the communications switch to on. Then set the project for 9600, E,7,2.

I'm new to OMRON @pfort: we are going to modify this old machine and its not working. so I'm trying to get the actual program to find its io. @Jay: In CPM1A there is no communication Switch. or were I can find it??

1. On a CPM1/ CPM1A there is no communication switch. 2. All settings for the peripheral port are set by either the programming software or a hand held programmer 3. The programe listing is all over the place and does not make a whole lot of sense, however, LR areas seem to be in use - is this PLC setup to talk to another CPM1 PLC (ie serial link) If the PLC has been set up to talk a serial link (PLC to PLC) then the only way that I am aware of changing the port settings would be via a hand held programmer. Just a thought.

don't check option "load expanction function" actually you last upload was success question mark and NOP funtion is a prove that the application is error, you need to fix the missing program and download or create new application