Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mortenl

Q02HCPU

17 posts in this topic

Hello, I have got a total mitsubishi PLC, It was on a machine that we tested and it was decided to scrap the machine after maybe 3 hours testing (then we stored it for some years), I took all the PLC parts from it, carefully took all the cables and everything out of the machine. The PLC contains the following: Q61P-A2 Q02HCPU QD75M2 Q160 QX42 (2x) QY42P (2x) A color touch display (forgot the nr) 2 servo inverters (2 servo motors), and alot of inverters, relays, and alot of external modules (I have not powered the modules with 24V) When I connect the plc to 220v the cpu powers on, the MODE turns on, the BOOT turns on, and the ERR. flashes, I try to connect with a USB cable but can't find the drivers (yes I know they are one the GX cd - but they don't work, but I just made a seriel cable and is able to connect to the PLC, GX shows the power supply and the CPU, but nothing more - maybe thats the fault. I can not read the code from the PLC as it is password protected. Any help is blessed. Morten

I guess you don't need the program so why not just pull out the battery, pull out the memory card (you can "throw away" the memory card since it is password protected) and make sure there's no power to the PLC for an hour or so, then your CPU should be completely erased, and hence the password should be removed and you can program the CPU anyway you would like.

Thanx for the reply. Is it possible that it is the program that makes the err. light flash? Thinking that maybe it needs a input before it will power on? but it was a very advanced and expensive machine so I figure the PLC should start up atleast and then show/write the error on the display! I have tried to power on the plc only with the PSU and CPU and anything else removed, same error - Mode turns on and ERR. starts to flash, and a few seconds later BOOT starts to light, thats it! By the way the touch screen also just says it is trying to connect when everything is connected. You are right I have nothing to use the original program for, I just wanted to try starting everything up for fun - It should be possible! Regards Morten

Agree with you that it "should work".... Since the BOOT LED lights up I think you have a memory card installed, which you can remove. Also: Set all the DIP switches on the CPU to "OFF" to ensure that the PLC boots from the normal RAM (and NOT from the memory card).

Just tried to set all switches to off and remove the card - no luck. Then I took a look at the battery, it says 3V I messured it to 2.75 right after I had power to the plc, and after 10-15 minutes 2.02 volts så it's probberly bad, could that be the reason that it has lost something because of the bad battery? I am new to mitsubishi, at work we use B&R all the program and data and stat is on a compact flash, how does mitsubishi work, is the memory card only as a backup or? is it then possible to restore from the card? morten Edited by mortenl

Most likely you have a memory card for backup. Mitsubishi stores the program data to a battery backed RAM memory, so if you remove the battery, and remove the power to the PLC it should be resetted after a little while. I would wait for an hour or something to be sure that the RAM memory is erased (to ensure that you can access the CPU without the password). In Mitsubishi you can insert a FLASH disc to store the program even if the power fails AND the battery is out, but this is not the default....

You can also use FORMAT PLC MEMORY in GX Developer. No reason to throw out an expensive memory card. If you don't want or need the program, format it. It is entirely possible that the program is intact, such as booting from the memory card. It depends on the switches. But Q has a built in ROM backup drive, so it may be booting there too. Which switches are on? The flashing error light means a fatal error. It can be hardware, program, lost data, bad commands, etc. You need to get online with GX Developer and use PLC Diagnostics to find out more before anyone can help you.

When trying to startup like it was when it was on the machine dip 2&3 is on, but it will not startup, I have tried to run diagnostics and it returns xxxx4064. I took out the battery lastnight, så later today I will try see without the memorycard if it helps.

I put in the battery again, but it didn't help, I can communicate with it like before (GX devoloper 8.78), I have tried to clear the system ram and rom (got some errors xxxx4089) same - ERR. blinks all the time, tried all 4 combinations with dip 2+3 with only the psu and cpu hooked up - no luck. Any other suggestions, or is it some hardware issue I am facing?

You say that the results are the same, can you connect to it with GX Developer and format the memory, or is it still password protected??

I am able to format the memory, but after I have formatted the memory, it still flashes err. Shall I try make a project and write to it? I will try later today and write back. ---------------------- I have now tried to make a new project, but when I try to write it to the plc (Program memory/device memory) I get this error: "An END command cannot be inserted/deleted in the middle of a write operation that is in progress. <ES:010a4089>" Morten Edited by mortenl

Once you format the memory, there will be no parameter file, so the PLC will not run. Download a program and parameters. As for switches 2 and 3 on, it is booting to the STANDARD ROM drive, not program memory. So the program in the Standard Rom drive is the one it is trying to load. Power down, turn those off, and power up to run from program memory. If the program in the Standard ROM is protected, and it is set to boot to that drive, then every time the PLC powers up it copies that program into the PLC program memory. And your error information makes no sense. PLC error codes are a 4 digit number, you can find in word SD0 or the PLC Diagnotics utility, and help for those numbers is in the Help menu in GX Developer.

You will ned an END instruction at the end of the program (even if you have a empty program).

1. I have set dipsw. 2&3 to off (all 5 are off), format the plc, no luck. 2. same as nr. 1, + create a new project (ind the main task it says "end" on the last line), but when I try write it to the plc, I get this pop up box "An END command cannot be inserted/deleted in the middle of a write operation that is in progress. <ES:010a4089>". 3. same as nr. 1 + create a new project, make a comment in the "comment", try write to plc but only choose to write "comment" it writes to the plc and says "completed!", I close the project and make a read from plc, and only choose to read the "comment" (I can see on the date that it is the one I just wrote to the plc), GX pops up and says error and that it has more than 65536 lines. So I'm able to write a littlebit to the plc and to clean it, but that's how far I can get? About the error code makes no sense, I coose PLC diag, and some seconds later GX pops up with this xxxx4064 (cant remember the x's) so how can i check this SD0. I use GX dev 8.78 is that ok? And is there some module reset, or firmware update I can put in? Edited by mortenl

I'm not sure anymore.... I think that Beijer is represented in Denmark, you could as an alternative contact them and send the unit in for service/repair. Mitsubishi don't have firmware updates.

did you format the RAM & write to RAM? Make sure all switches is off