Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greg

S7-214

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, my client ordered CP-243-1 IT(see below) module to get info from the system and send it to HMI for diagnostics. when i came to the client i saw a very big problem, the PLC that installed there is S7-214 series(as shown below) with different connectors to other modules(there are 2 more modules EM222 and EM231 with the same connection) that have been installed in the early 80's, i was talking with technical support Germany, and have been told that there is no option to combine that module to PLC. my question is there any convertor i could connect the TCP/IP port on the module to MPI port on the PLC(i need at least 2 MPI ports there is a TD panel connected), or the only option is to change the PLC system to newer one? Thank you all in advance. Best Regards, Greg.

The extension modules is for the newer generation S7-200, the S7-221/222/224/226. You cannot use it on the PLC you have. Install a newer model, or just go straight forward to the new S7-1200.

Hi Cross, thanks, i was talking to technical support SIEMENS in Germany, they told me this module for the newer S7-22X(224 and newer), also they told me there is a convertor from TCP/IP to MPI but didn't remember (probably didn't want to) what model and which manufacture. my quest is there such convertor, the problem my client don't have a big budget for newer systems especially for S7-1200, i'm trying to find any other solution they would be pleased with it. help me figure it out, and if there is no such convertor let me know, please as soon as possible. Thank you all, Best Regards, Greg.

look at www.process-informatik.de they make converters - ppi/mpi/as511 to TCP/Ip For the s7 200 you will require PPI converter, MPI is for S7 300/400