Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acpi

AFE IC2000 Scada

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for an electronic manual for this old SCADA system. AFE is now part of GE but it seems they don't support anymore this product. JC

That is very OLD, I do not recall what if any documentation GEIP (Fanuc) may have had on this product. I have nothing in my archives on it. I suggest that you try: GEIP Tech Support at: http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=spage&id=ST6&locale=en-US&locale=en_US and/or the GEIP Forum at: http://forums.ge-ip.com/eforum/index.php?&locale=en-US

Thanks for the answer. I looked on GEIP Forum and there's 4 posts about it It seems this product is very uncommon even outside my country. I think I should better recommand my customer to change his system :) JC

I think migrating to a new system would be in your best interest. The IC2000 product has not been offered for over a decade now. I seem to remember that there was a push to convert IC2000 systems to Cimplicity around the time that GE acquired AFE. At the time I was employed by a distributor of GE Fanuc products and I made a sales call with the Cimplicity rep to a facility that had some IC2000 licenses. I believe GE Fanuc/Cimplicity was selling conversion services along with Cimplicity licenses. At any rate, the company was OMYA, and they were a large worlwide user of IC2000. If you can track down an employee at an OMYA facility in Europe, perhaps you can learn something about whether or not the user manuals are available as pdf files. Also, Craig Thorsland, one of the moderators of the Cimplicity subforum at the GEIP forum was the Cimplicity rep I mentioned earlier. You could try sending him a private message to see if he can point you toward a solution.

Morning, There's no doubts in my mind that a swap will be the best solution and it seems they planned to do it next year. The problem is they just want to add a few alarms now and we have to deal with IC2000. I think it's too complicated for me so I'm going to leave this plan before the battle Thanks for all the advices. JC