Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
premiumlab

load a program into Micrologix1200

17 posts in this topic

Greetings, I have been searching for several days. We have a machine that has a Micrologix 1200. It has a corrupt block 0. The manufacturer of the machine suggested we get someone locally to load the programs that he Emailed me into the PLC. The manufacturer of the machine is located in England and is unable to help. I am looking for someone who can load the programs into the PLC. We are willing to pay and it can be done either on site, or I can send the PLC to your location. I contacted the local Rockwell dist yesterday and have not recieved a call back. If anyone can assist me, please let me know how to contact you, or contact me. Thank you Jay

You might get better replies if you gave your location. And "corrupt block 0"? I know that must be the supplier's terminology but I have worked with the MicroLogix 1200 a lot and have not heard that term.

Post the .RSS file here and someone can take a look.

He needs someone to actually load the supplied program into the MicroLogix 1200. He's not looking for troubleshooting.

My apologies, I am in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. I have a couple of files that are .mpa and one .rss I am not sure which are which. I wish I could use the control screen to input the missing fields, but I have no idea what is what.

The .RSS file is a RSLogix500 program file. A .mpa is a audio file. Or ???

You're much better off having someone load the program on-site. That way you have them to do start-up and troubleshooting in case the program files aren't quite right. I'm in PA, or I'd try to help you out.

I think the .mpa files are for the Beijers control panel that is connected to the PLC, although I am not 100% sure. I am trying to figure that out now.

That's correct, MPA is the extension for the Beijers HMI projects. Which is weird because they are recognized by windows as an audio file, so you have to open it from within the programming environment.

And I cannot tell if that error is from the operator panel or the PLC. Do you know the Beijers program used to create /upload these files? I struck out wih the MicroLogix program. Maybe I will have better luck with the Beijers one.

I have only used the E-Series terminals that Mitsubishi private-labels from Beijers. What is the part number of the panel?

That doesn't look like a part number I recognize. Usually there's a letter included, like E200 or T40. If you post the MPA file here, I can try to open it with my Mitsubishi software.

I downloaded a demo version of the software and it opens the file I have no problem. It appears the hosed up program is in the E200, I just don't have a way to upload what I have to the E200. I was trying to decipher the information for block 0 in the E Designer software and see if I can enter it manually, but i have not yet deciphered the correlation between what I see in the E200 for block zero and what the E designer software shows for block 0. At least I am pretty sure the hosed up program is in the E200 and not the PLC. I will post the mpa file anyway so you can take a gander at it. I also had to change the extension to .txt so the bb would permit me to upload it. You will have to rename to mpa. Thank you for all your help! CHC40 MK3 REV0.txt

I was able to open the file with no problem. It looks to me like you only have five pages. It's possible that the PLC is controlling the opening page so that it's automatically jumping to a different block on startup. If you think the problem is in the panel, then you won't get any help from Rockwell. The E200 is a Mitsubishi product (private-labeled from Beijers), so contact your local Mitsubishi distributor and see if they will help you out.

Check the status LEDs on the PLC. If the RUN mode is lit up solid green, then the PLC is probably just fine. If not, it is possible that it dumped its program, which can sometimes explain HMI errors...the HMI might be trying to read/write addresses that no longer exist. The Micrologix PLCs are notorious for "wiping themselves" when they encounter an I/O bus problem or a noisy ground. Edited by OkiePC

The PLC has a solid green run LED, so hopefully it has not dumped it's program. That would be all I need for both to lose their programming.