Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wrenchforhire

film sensor

7 posts in this topic

Anyone had good luck detecting stretch wrap with a photoeye? Keyence has a sensor to detect shine, but the price is way out of line.

This one worked great for me! https://www.mysick.c...&ProductID=7290 FYI - This cost us around $154 in 2006. You will also need a reflector p/n PL80A. Cost around $22. Edited by BITS N BYTES

Do you just want to see if clear film is where it should be or are you looking for a registration mark?

I'm trying to detect the presence of clear film for automatic depalletizing.

I have done a few projects with the Sick and Balluff. They both have film detection. They do OK at it. The Keyence line has several great sensors. The have one that does material thickness they are PRRRIIIIICCCCEEEEEYYYY. They are the best I have ever used. They have very little signal drift.

I also know that Omron has one for clear bottle detection, that might also work.

Does this mean you are trying to detect stretch film on top of an opaque surface, for the entire height of the pallet? Can you control the color of the stretch film and the background? Or are the wrapped pallets coming from outside vendors?