Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wmjim

Help with graphic terminal

5 posts in this topic

I hope someone can help. We are a manufacturer in northern South Dakota with a problem. We have an automated recipricating spray finish line that uses a Mitsubishi A850GOT-SBD Graphic Operation Terminal. The screen developed a blank vertical section on the display, and within a few days the screen went completely blank. The operator knows where to touch the screen to start everything up, so we can still run the machine (so far), but getting to the next screen to make adjustments to anything is impossible. The company that built the machine is no longer in business, they did not leave the software, and I know of no one locally that can help. If I found a replacement touch screen, would it just plug in? The PLC is a FX-48MR plus a FX-16EX and FX-4AD. This machine cannot be down for more than two days without causing major problems, and as you can tell, I don't know much about PLCs. Is this a simple deal or do we need to start all over again? Jim

Hello, The replacement screen wont just drop in...you would need to read the existing program out of the screen you have currently running and download that program, comm settings, etc. to the new touchscreen. That particular model has been discontinued, and I am not sure what the software would be to program it. The recommended replacement for that screen is the A956GOT-SBD, and that would be programmed with GT designer. Hope this helps some, I will attach the service bullitin about the screen discontinuation. plcdpGOT replacement.pdf

Assuming you have a direct replacement, you'll have to pull the program out of the old unit and put it in the new one. If you don't have a direct replacement, it could mean completely reprogramming the interface. Your best bet? Contact your local Mitsubishi distributor and see if they do service or have a relationship with a systems integrator. They would have access to the proper programming cables and software and be able to get you out of your jam as quickly as possible. If your local distributor can't help you, post here again. There are quite a few systems integrators that frequent this forum, and there may be some in your neck of the woods. I'm unfortunately a bit far away in PA!

Do NOT replace it with the A965. Those have also been obsolete for years. You need to consider a GT12 or GT16 model. And GT Works2 or GT Works3 software for the new terminal. Mitsubishi does provide a free software on their website (www.meau.com) for uploading from and downloading to GOT terminals, including the old 800GOT. The old 800GOT programmed with a DOS based software which doesn't like to run under Windows much. Mitsubishi has distributors and system integrators all over the US who could assist with this conversion.

You can try ebay to replace it with the same model. People are always dismantling old machines and selling the parts on there. Then you are just down to the software and leads. Someone will have those, either Mitsubishi themselves or a contractor that does machines. It is only a 10 minute job to upload the program from the duff screen and then download it to the 'new' screen. I always thought it was a little ironic, that I have done this job for various customers (usually just a one off job because they were totally stuck) and they think you are a marvel because you walk in, plug in and 10 minutes later a fully working machine again. This method (if you find one) will get you going while you upgrade to a new and still in production HMI.