Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aftech

Omron program

7 posts in this topic

Hi I have got 2 omron programs but I don't have the software to open them. Is there somebody that can help me with this. I can e mail the program to you. I Want to convert it to a Allen Bradley program. Please help.

Depending upon which type of file you have, you need to purchase Syswin or CX-Programmer (most likely one of these two). If it has a .swp extension, it is Syswin, if it has a .cxt or .cxp extension, it is CX-Programmer. You can contact a sales resource in your area to purchase either package.

The file have a .opt extention. What program do I need to open the files ?

The *opt file is not the actual program, it is an option set file that keeps settings of window configuration, watch window entries etc. The actual program itself it a *.cxp or *.cxt file and can only be opened with CX-Programmer which is licensed software. So I suggest you contact your nearest Omron distributor to obtain a license.

Thanks. I'll rather install a Allen Bradley PLC and write a new program. I don't use Omron PLC's. Not worth buying software for one application.

You *could* order a demo of CX-One, but I am not sure what the limitations are regarding opening existing programs, probably will not be able to download/upload, but if it is just to view the program perhaps it is worth a shot. You can order your demo on the CX-One website, see my sig FAQ link.

Post your .cxp file here and somebody will printout it for you in pdf.