Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike_Patton

Panelview plus

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I need to replace a panelview 600 standard with a panelview Plus 600 on a DH+ network. What software do I need? Mike.

You need Factory Talk View Machine Edition. Be very careful installing it, and make a complete backup of your system if possible beforehand.

Thanks. Is there problems with the software?

Its funny that it was mentioned that you need to be careful while installing the Factorytalk Studio. I just purchased this software as I have a few newer PV's and also I bought a new PV Compact Plus Compact. I didn't have ISS installed on my PC and it was looking for it to be installed. I installed ISS and Factorytalk Studio started crashing. I had to do a system restore on my PC. I got it working again, but it was a pain in the neck. Anyway, as luck would have it my local AB tech rep called in today (well I did ask him in to help with another issue). He is a really helpful chap and he went through the new software with me.

I think the last poster may have been referring to IIS (Internet Information Services) as opposed to ISS. If this is the case, IIS is not required for the Machine Edition version of FactoryTalk View. If installing the full version of Studio, which also contains Site Edition, the user may be prompted for IIS if the system will be used as part of a distributed application. However, for strictly Machine Edition use, IIS is not required. If IIS is installed after View SE and you're seeing problems, you try checking out RA Knowbase #64845. If IIS doesn't exist when SE is installed, the website(s) it uses are not configured, meaning that they must be upon an after-the-fact IIS installation.

Yes sorry, I misspelt my post. I think some of my problem was when I installed IIS I only had 512 ram. I upgraded my ram to 2 Gig. I am not going to install IIS on my machine, unless I really need it.

I have a lot of nicknames for that turdd wrapped in bubble gum, band aids and rubber bands, but Factory Balk is one I can use without getting censored.