Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

NQ RTC clock update from PLC

8 posts in this topic

Hi ! Is it possible to update RTC clock in NQ from PLC? I have ladder program to change time from winter to summer and I want to update RTC clock. In global task I found only : Copy RTC to PLC block - not oposite and tags for RTC are only readable. I do not think if I can do - need just confirmation. Thanks

Hi This is not possible. the RTC from the NQ can be send to the PLC only. regards,

I dont know NQ HMI, but if it is only for displaying the time that you want the clock and dont need event or alarm log, you could write it to some DM's with the PLC then display it on the NQ and forget about the built-in RTC.

With NQ as well as NT3, I have a screen to set the RTC of the HMI, and then use a fictive "UPDATE TIME" button to trigger a COPY NQ to PLC RTC block. Don't know if the NQ clock has daylight savings though.

If you can PDL please upload screens - it will save some time. Thats pity that in NQ designer, it is impossible to copy screens between projects.

Hi pszczepan, Unfortunately I cannot send you the program (company policy)... but like you say, you cannot copy screens anyway. It's not that much work, just put a date/time object on the page and a button that performs the task copy NQ > PLC.

Hi PDL, I think there is a misunderstud here...or is it me?... If i read the first post of this topic, he want the opposite of it...he want to update HMI clock with PLC time...

No, not a misunderstanding, I just gave him the opposite as an alternative...