Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Macca

HMI to HMI

13 posts in this topic

hi all, i am trying to link two HMI's together one is a E1101 and the other E910T. Can't seem to get it to work . i am using a RS232 to Ethernet switch and have set up both to use TCP/ip. But keep getting the message "unable to start PPP" Do any of you have any experience of connecting HMI's together and communicating with a FX series PLC?

I think the route you are trying is a dead end. It might work if you uses RS232 for one HMI and RS485/422 to the other (with one of those RS232 adaptors on the fx). [i have connected via an RS232 board and RS485/422 via the programming port but never both at the same time.]

A little more info about what you are trying to do would be helpful. What kind of result do you want after connecting the two together??

i'm looking to place the second (910t) hmi in a remote monitoring room where it will allow me to both control and monitor the plc "via" the E1101 Edited by Macca

Where is the RS232 to Ethernet switch? Is it between the HMIs or between the PLC and HMIs? Ethernet connection to E1101 and RS232 to E901T,? How is the PLC connected to the HMI? Do you have the ethernet expansion on the E910T? 1. You can try the RS232 to one RS422 to the other suggested on the earlier post. 2. You may be able add an ethernet unit to the FX and then connect to both HMIs. Assuming you have Ethernet on E910T. 3. Change the E910 to E1xxx and you can use BDTP through the ethernet ports. ( I think E910 is not compatible with E1000 for BDTP)

You can use following connection: 1. To connect E1101 RS232 port with PLC (up to 15m). There are two way: a) via SC09 cable to PLC Programming port (perhaps instead of SC09 is possible to use the Sergey Troizky cable ) or b) via RS232-RS232 cross cable to FX... RS232 adapter (an example, FX3U-232BD) . 2. To connect E1101 RS422 port (set in transparent mode) with E910 RS422 port (up to 1200m): cable between E1101 RS422 and screw terminal - 4-x twisted pair cable - cable between screw terminal and E910 RS422.

Thats a good way. You can even do it via RS232 between the terminals (15 metres max) if you are already using RS422 to the PLC. Edited by Veganic

Hi, Another possibility could be to use Modbus. FXCPU <--- E1101 Modbus Slave <------- Modbus Master E910 The Modbus slave driver has a nice function called Protocol conversion which makes it possible to map FX-devices to modbus addresses in a simple way. Then the Modbus master can poll the modbus slave and even write values to the FX-CPU via the protocol conversion functionality. When using modbus it's possible to use either ethernet or a serial connection between the panels. Another possibility is to exchange the E910 to a E1000 terminal and use BDTP instead. //Supporter

The switch is on the 910 rs323 - should the rs232 be assigned to use tcp/ip or set to fx series? yes it's between the HMI's Plc is connected to E1101 via rs422 No expansion, spoke to Mitsubishi but they no longer make this. can't find one anywhere ps, really appreciate everybody's input Edited by Macca

when you say exchange do you mean within the e-designer program or physically?

Physically. But of the options above I'd try the transparent mode if your screen is <15m away as this only needs a length of cable and a couple of 9 pin D- connectors. This is documented in the manual so take a look and then post any questions.

thanks for all your help guys. i've managed to succeed using the RS422 route using some cat5 FTP cable. all appears to be working ok

Just out of interest - Did you have to use RS232 to the PLC?