Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freyka7318

NTXS - NT3S

7 posts in this topic

Hello, With NTXS (V1.04), I want to remove tags in tags database that I have created. During this action, I'll get errormessage 'System tag cannot be deleted'. Does anyone know how to delete ? Or is the only possible solution to redo everything (design & define screens and buttons of the HMI) in a new project (.pzm) ? Tnx, Edited by freyka7318

Hi Freka, NTXS is a royal pain in the ***, but there's no alternative. If you got the errormessage 'System tag cannot be deleted', I think that you're trying to delete some tags more then the ones you've created. System tags inherent to the display and can not be deleted. Tags you've created and used in a screen can also not be deleted, but then you get an errormessage that says that the tag(s) are being used in a screen and henced cannot be deleted. Hope that this helps you somewhat. Carol

Thanks Carol. You brought me to an idea. I'm sure that the tag that I want to delete, is one of those that I've created. (Because they are starting with s..... or S......, NTXS is thinking that it is a system tag, created by the system.) BUT, I'm also defined them in the ALARMS-screen/database. Maybe that NTXS is refering to that, but that errormessage is not accurate. Thanks for your input, I'll give it a try. Still all other feedback is welcome Freyka.

As far as I know you will have to remove all references to a tag before you can delete it. So this would include alarms database etc....

Feedback about this topic. I removed everything, screens, tags, ... really everything. Only the tags were still there. Not possible to remove them. Same errormessage occurs. I created a new project and started all over again. Working fine now. Edited by freyka7318

S registers can NOT be created on PLC node. Only on internal system registers. Indeed I have also seen a bug when creating the internal systemregister tags. For alarms I assume you have specified PLC bits and not for internal registers. regards, MPM

Hello, indeed, I've created PLC-Bits (HR-Tags) within ntxs From within PLC, I set those bit(s) on/off. This setting is being catched and covered in NTXS. Is working fine. Kind regards and thanks for info. Freyka.