Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrbogard

NS5 Connecting to CJM1-CPU11

9 posts in this topic

The past few days I have been pulling my hair out trying to connect an NS5 to a CJM1. I have read every article within the forum relating to these screens but cannot find what I am doing wrong. Here is the scenario: 1) Serial cable (made per instructions in forum download section) connected to serial port on CPU unit - dip switch 5 is off 2) Settings in PLC set to NT Link 1:N with baud rate set to 115200 and NT Link Max set to 1 (I have also tried combinations of 38400 and NT Link Max of 2) 3) PT Set to High Baud rate setting and NT Link 1:N Unit No of 0 (I have also tried Unit No 1) All I get is the Connecting... screen. Sometimes I can get the serial light to flash on the PLC. I have tried using the Device Monitor function on the screen to verify connection but when I select the host I get the error "corrupted by data noise - transmit error by host" with mres=10 and sres=4. I assume this points to a cable problem but I have built 2 completely seperate cables and still have the same issues. I also upgraded the system software on the PT from 5.01 to 8.21 thinking the problem may be related to old version but I still cannot connect. Anyone have an idea what I may be doing wrong?

Post your CX-Designer & CX-Programmer application files and someone will have a look for you.

At least screencopies of all settings pages if you don't want to post your programs. Also include a pinout of the cable you have made.

Ok. Here are the programs for the PT and PLC. The Pinout for the cable is: 2 - 3 3 - 2 9 - 9 4&5 jumpered on each side Thanks for your help. Cutter.zip Cutting_Machine.cxp

Looks all good to me... have you power cycled the CPU after downloading the port setup changes? Have you tried changing to Host Link at both sides?

Yes, I powered down and restarted completely after each change. I tried changing to Host Link and I still got the "Connecting..." screen but I am not sure if I did it correctly or not. Would Host Link use the same cable? How can I verify if the Host Link is operational because the Device Monitor would not pull up while under host link mode. If you have some suggestions on setting up Host Link then can try it out. I really don't care which mode it is...I just want to get them talking. Thanks.

One other thing that is weird about this is that if I go into CX-Integrator and Poll the RS232 port on the PLC the Node for the PT screen shows up. I verified this was correct by unplugging the cable and repolling.

Update: I swapped CPU units and using the same programs it connected just fine. I suppose there was some issue with the COM port on the other CPU.