Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest radmaxntx

sysmac-sys

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've purchased a development copy of sysmac-scs and need to get a dongle or token disk. how would i go about that in the houston area? also is this a current product? Edited by radmaxntx

Are you saying you need a runtime license and dongle? The development package should not need a dongle.

Are you saying you need a runtime license and dongle? YES it's my understanding you can use what I have to develop an app, but you need the token/dongle to actually use the app with PLC's. Edited by radmaxntx

Look on Ebay and such places if you need a runtime dongle. I have found a couple as the licences come with 2 runtimes.

Omron Distributors

sysmac-scs...is this a current product..... Well if you mean is this still supported by Omron then yes... However, SCS has evolved into a product known as CX- Supervisor of which i believe the current version is 1.2 (or 1.3).. There have been a number of enhancements namely VBscript,java script to name a few..... but thats my two cents....

The runtime dongle will activate either SCS or CX-Supervisor.

The last version I know of CX-SUPERVISOR (comercialized) is 1.2 release 12, and I heard there is a demo version of runtime that works for 2 hours. To work with CX-SUPERVISOR (to debug an application) I use a dongle. Be aware that between CX-SUpervisor 1.1 (I think the last called SCS) and CX-Supervisor 1.2 there are some differences and incompatibilities.