Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_rock

allen bradley addressing

6 posts in this topic

I know this sounds dumb, but could someone explain the I/O addressing and memory addressing of a micrologix 1000 plc. Have a copy of a program with no comments, not certain what is being referred to when I see n7:1, or c5:1. thanks

http://www.ab.com/manuals/cp/1761-um003a-en-p.pdf User Manual for Micrologix 1000 Explains in detail how the addressing scheme in implemented Hope this answers your questions

n7:1 is a data storage area you can write to it or read from it. And c5:1 is a counter c5:1.pre is its preset value and c5:1.acc is its accumulated value. for more info go to allen bradleys web site.

One of the members of MRPLC put together a nice AB website broken down. http://plcguide.mrplc.com/ Click on "PROGRAMMING REFERENCE" and scroll down toward the bottom. This will help some also. If you have any other questions, go ahead and post them. Bit (file 3) - This file is used for internal relay logic storage. B3:1/0 or B3/16 Timer (file 4) - This file stores the timer accumulator and preset values and status bits. T4:0.PRE, T4:0.ACC, T4:0/DN, T4:0/TT, T4:0/EN Counter (file 5) - This file stores the counter accumulator and preset values and the status bits. C5:0.PRE, C5:0.ACC, C5:0/DN, C5:0/CU, C5:0/CD, C5:0/OV, C5:0/UN Control (file 6) This file stores the length, pointer position, and statu bits for specific instructions such as shift registers and sequencers. R6:0, R6:0.Len (Length), R6:0.Pos (Position) Integer (file 7) - This file is used to store numeric values or bit information. N7:1/3 Floating Point (file 8) - This file stores single precision non-extended 32-bit numbers. Applies to SLC 5/03 and SLC 5/04 processors.F8:000 to F8:9999

thanks for assistance hard to keep omron,mitsubishi,idec,koyo,siemens,khunke,setex apart. do not see how you guys do it, sometimes i think a career change would be good, but then Naawwww, might as well stay at it.

thanks again this is a life saver if you never used ab before. is there one similar for omron. i use omron quite often, but almost daily run across something new. The manuals are okay, but the reference on this site is better than the manual. Keep up the work