Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dsc

S5 EPROM

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I am trying to write S5 program into S5 EPROM card and some of the blocks are already inside the card and i cant overwite it. Even when i try to delete all the blocks inside the card also not possible because it is EPROM and not EEPROM. Is this true? It mean we can only write for one time to this EPROM card and the blocks will remain forever. For info i using S5 100U cpu and I have very old Siemen PG 720 PII unit to write and read from the EPROM card. dsc

================================================================================ ========= Hello, IT MEANS YOUR ePROM HAS SOME ISSUE. You Either De-solder the Eprom Put into Eprom Eraser & Erase it completely . Put back on card & programme it. More better if you de-solder the existing Eprom. Put completely fresh Eprom & Problem is solved. Regrds Gemini Mehta

Hi dsc. If the EPROM has a little "window" in the middle of the biggest chip(s), then it is an UVPROM. The little window(s) may be covered with a small sticker. To erase an UVPROM you must place it in an UV-light eraser unit for a half hour or so. I think you could also place the EPROM unit with the exposed windows in bright sunlight for a week or so, and that would also erase it. No kidding ! edit: In case this is not obvious. You have to remove the sticker(s) to allow the UV-light to erase the program. Edited by JesperMP

Thanks guys, I will try it.

Dear friend, I will suggest you a different way to erase the memory. Try to buy an UV eraser. Is very cheap. Put the entire module inside, without the small label on the IC, and let him for 20 minutes. Then you can start to program on your PG. If you dont' have a UV eraser you can make your own . Take a mercury or sodium vapors light bulb. Break with care the exterior glass. Do not destroy other parts. (It will be powered again as in normal way of use). Inside you will find a special quartz baloon. Don't touch by fingers. This baloon will generate the high level of UV. Then you will put the EPROM module at low distance from quartz bulb (5 cm). Apply power supply as normal way for the original light bulb. When is powered put him under a non transparent and non flamable cover. WARNING: be carefull with electrical insulation. NEVER look in this UV light. Take care about heat released. I wish you good luck. dekor,