Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gixer

RS 485

10 posts in this topic

Trying to get to number displays working to display the first 3 digits in D1005. Have done it over 20 times with the FX2N-485-BD and never had a problem. The settings for the display are Buad rate 1200 8 bits No parity 1 stop. I am sending the following, is this correct ? [mov h359 D8120] Thanks in advance. Steve C

I just set it in PLC parameters.

I am not make sure ,but you can try this below setting 9600 Buad rate E parity 7 bits 1 stop LD M8002 MOV H6086 D8120 LD M8002 MOV K0 D8129 LD M8002 MOV H0 D8121 END

Hello. I have a sytem i sell to one customer. FX3UC with RS485 BD card. I use GX IEC Developer I remember the first time i did this i had problems. I got support through Beijer here in Norway. They found out that i also needed GX Developer installed to get the programming to work the BD module uses a winsoc version from GX Developer. Not sure all the things they did but now it works every time. I also got some librarys with ADPRW and MODBUS FX3U Master funktions.

You have the wrong settings for D8120. For your setup you will need: [MOV H1051 D8120]

I just switched from a 485-BD to a 485-ADP, because I need a full-duplex communication. So I took the BD out and attached the ADP and adjusted a few things - it does not work. Am I correct that the ADP is still Channel 1, since there is no 485-BD attached to the PLC anymore? I read the wiring is differently? But I could not find any difference in the manual?! Attached is my code... Help is appreciated.\ Cheers rs484adp.zip

So now you have: 1x FX3U-CNV-BD 1x FX3U-485-ADP right?

Correct 1x FX3U-CNV-BD 1x FX3U-485-ADP and 1x FX3U-232-ADP

You are correct. You can still use the first ADP card as channel 1 (same as BD), so it should work..... I don't have GX Developer installed on the machine I'm currently on so I can't look at it right now

OK, I finally got it working. I can send commands which proved to work with an IMS Drive. So now I spent some time with the IMS drive to give me feedback via RS485 (positions). I was able to read everything out via HyperTerminal, so the drive does send, but I can't see it in the PLC. Again, I can send commands to the client. The client send stuff back, but I can't see it in the PLC. My settings seem to be right, but I guess somethings fishy with my program. Does anybody mind to explain me what I screwed up? I am scanning a register for hex numbers, which triggers a command. What I probably did wrong is: I do not read in?! Well, I don't know :D Thanks a lot! RS485.zip