Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thierry

Communication between AnS and Q

8 posts in this topic

Hello all, For the moment we have Mitsubishi AnS plc's in a MelsecNet II network (coax cable). All the cards are using A1SJAR21 card. Now we would like to upgrade 4 plc's with the newer iQ plc's. Problem is that we need to keep the network. What would be the best option since the Q series do not support Melsecnet II? As I see it the only option would be to upgrade the network to Melsec/H. Any opinions? Thanks

Hello, If you wish to keep existing coaxial cable with its topology, you are right. The single variant for Q is MELSECNET/H network.

You can use a special extension board and module for this. Extension board: QA1S6xB Module: A1SJ71AT23Q However, I don't think the new iQ series support them yet (I think you will need a standard Q-CPU (Q01-Q25H)). I don't remember but I will check it out (or someone else will correct me)

Hi, I say more... In my experience... For most applications (more than 90%) is enough to use Q00CPU, especially if you use networks. Most cheaper decision is to use small Q base unit with analog and network communication modules and to use CC-Link I/O Remote Modules, instead of many racks and powerful processor.

You have to use the "old" CPUs (Q01-Q25H) with the QA1S6xB & A1SJ71AT23Q, but this works fine! Edited by kaare_t

Thanks to all. We will upgrade the network to Melsecnet 10.

As stated, the upgrade path is to NET/10 or NET/H. If you put NET/10 cards on the AnS PLCs, then you can set the Q modules to run in NET/10 mode. You can also add a Q2AS to the network as a bridge between Net/II and Net/10 and then leave your A PLCs on Net/II while you upgrade some to Q and put them on the Net/10 side. There is also (as kaare_t mentioned) the AnS extension rack for the Q and the new Net/II module for that rack. These work with the old High Performance Q (Q02 and above). They are not supported on the Basic CPU (Q00J, Q00, Q01) based on the manuals I read. See www.meau.com, select Products, then PLCs, and click the link for the A Series Transition Center for all details on converting A Series to Q Series.

Dear Crossbow, The manual on Basic CPU do not correspond to the real possibilities of Q00 and Q01, which I have tested in practice. But I couldn't say will they works with above mentioned equipment or not.