Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Ked

Upgrade E910 to E1101

9 posts in this topic

Hi all I've just had to upgrade an E910 to an E1101 (some idiot put a screwdriver through the E910!) The HMI is controlling an oven (FX3U) and the recipes are stored in the HMI. The directory (Current directory reg.: (D94)) is the name of the product and the recipe (Current recipe reg.: (D90)) is the colour. In the E910 I would change the recipe directory to choose the product and then pick the colour of the product by loading the recipe. This worked a treat. When I changed the terminal I loaded in the recipe data using HMI Tools: FTP client (as was with the E910) and all the data seems to be intact. Now that I've changed most things are working fine apart from the two following: 1. I change the recipe directory and (as it should) D94 registers the product name. When I load the colour recipe D94 is reset to 0 and none of the recipe data is loaded. I created a new "test" recipe using the HMI and saved it. When I loaded this recipe D94 still reset but it did load back the data. 2. The Current display reg.: (D101) always reads 0 regardless of the block being viewd on the HMI. I have an angry client on my back (he has 3 ovens and so he's down 1/3rd on production!) and I'm stuck in a mixture of and Any ideas? Cheers Paul Ked

I would check if you have the latest bootimage version installed on the terminal? I think it's v1.50

Thanks for prompt reply. I did downlowad the latest drivers yesterday before installing the terminal. When I boot the terminal, the versions are: EBOOT v1.1 build 174 IMAGE v4.2 build 174 FIRMWARE V1.5 B170 Cheers Paul Ked

Assuming this isn't resolved: Short term solution: Don't use directories, just have a combined product + colour recipe name. Long term solution: It may have something to do with the length of the recipe/directory name. I think the E910 worked slightly differently to the E1101. So if you're uploading the same recipes it may not work. Try setting short recipe in the system commands - dunno what the exact instruction is. Consult the manual? Have you tried re-creating the directories and recipes on the HMI without using HMI tools? After creating the test recipe did you check what was actually created thru HMI tools? Maybe off-track but that's all I can think of... The current display reg reading zero may mean there is some bigger problem? Edited by Veganic

Hi, E1000 supports recipe names/directories that are 32 characters long (compared to 8 characters in old E-series). If I remember correctly there should be a system command that change E1000 back to 8 characters. Otherwise you will need to re-arrange the HMI-application so that you don't get overlapping addressing. Regards //Supporter!

Thanks guys. Setting SCRR (ShortCurrentRecipeRegister) on the command line solves the problem of the disappearing current recipe reg. Still having trouble with HMI Tools, latest... 1. Create a recipe in the HMI and save it (TEST1.SKV), fine as it can be re-loaded at any time. 2. Receive TEST1 through FTP Client, edit recipe, save it (TEST2.SKV) and send it back to the terminal, fine as it can be re-loaded at any time. 3. Send any of the files created with the E910 to the HMI and none of the values are loaded. When the "Loading..." message pops up on the HMI when a recipe is selected, 1. & 2. above take just over a second as the data is loaded. When trying 3. above it is only a couple of milisecs. I've got at least 180 recipes.... Cheers Paul Ked

Post a recipe file. We can see if there is anything obvious*. Have you ticked the box which says 'use recipe directories' or somesuch? *not obvious

TEST1 loads, TEST2 doesn't. I've included the template file too. Cheers Paul Ked Parts.zip

Hmmm... they certainly look identical. [clutching at straws] I've looked at some of my recipes and the only difference is that mine don't have the first line.... And I've never used ST data types. [/clutching at straws] I won't be near a E terminal for a while but I'll try to load your recipes when I get a chance.