Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
travish

S5 communication problem

7 posts in this topic

The company I work for purchase a used piece of equipment that has a s5 115u-943 processor in it. I need to make slight modifications to the program for our product so I purchased "S5 for windows" from software toobox. When I go online I can see the processor connected to my computer but can not see any logic or Blocks. do you think this processor is password protected? if so how can obtain the password? We bought the machine from a used equipment dealer not from the company who previously ran the machine (I think they are out of buisness) Thanks Travis

Hi, is that CPU runing? Did you have any output active? The plant or machine is running or you just buy and is first installation on your site? Is the battery OK? Have you remove with power off of PLC? Did you have EPROM inserted on CPU? As I know S5 don't have CPU password protection like S7. Wat is your programing experience with S5? Have you use before the S5 for windows software? Try to use PG2000, or PG95 software. This will revel all the blocks in CPU and more than that : will open any block !!! OR, your CPU don't have any program inside. dekor. Edited by dekor

Have you transfered the block from the P.L.C too your computer.

I think that there was a block protection in S5. Some blocks were marked with a LIB= number, and you had to have the blocks in offline project in order to view them offline. Or approximately so, it is many years since I last dabbled with S5. Anyway, at least you should be able to see OB1 and DB1.

The PLC battery was dead and PLC in Stop Mode when we recieved the machine. I purchase a new battery, There was an eprom in the cabinet that was not installed in the processor. I inserted the eprom, transferred the program that was on the eprom to CPU. The CPU went into run mode. Then Tried to upload program to my lap top using S5 for Windows. I could not see OB1, but I think there is some program in there because the Processor usage shows 83% No I did not transferr any blocks to my laptop, I can not figure out how. I have No experience with Siemens, but 16 years with AB.

Travish I cannot say about S 5 for windows but the following is a guide on how it is done on Siemens S 5. S 5 main menu click on project select set you will see the computer is offline click on the online it should change from offline to online. select enter should take you back to the main menu. Now select Blocks and then transfer. The transfer window will open here you select transfer from PLC and to Program File. You can also give the file a name and the blocks you want to transfer are A (meaning all). Now select transfer and the transfer should start. Thought the above might be a guide. Good Luck Rodney

Thanks Guys, I am on vacation this week I will try next week when I return to work. Travis