Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dsc

S5-135/155U beginner

7 posts in this topic

Hi Guys! I m testing S5 CPU 922 (6ES5 922-3UA11) with a simple carwash program from Step5 example, i test the program with S5-115U system before and it works fine. But when i load into this S5 135/155U cpu and make the cpu to Run, the Stop LED blinking slowly indicating that my program have errors. I have configured DB1 to be match with my IO card but not sure it is correct or not. I am using one input card 6ES5 430-4UA12 and one output card 6ES5 441-4UA13. Attached is the program and also pictures of my PLC. (i have also set the dip switch on the IO card). Anyone can give me hint? dsc S5.zip

Go online with the faulted CPU, and investigate the USTACK and maybe the BSTACK. This can tell you more specifically what goes wrong. Btw. I hope that you are merely investigating how to exchange these old S5 PLCs. I would not waste too much time trying to keep them alive, and I would absolutely not make a new control system, even if the PLCs are surplus.

Dear friend, In my opinion I think there is a wrong assignment for outputs on DB1. Try to have a look in pictures attached. The program send the signals to QB16 and QB 17, but on DB you have assigned the adress QB22, QB23.... On other hand, have you supply (connect) with power the modules ? With respect, dekor.

Hi Guys, I look into the ISTACK, as an attached image, yes it mention about the DB1 error. I still cant figure out what is the problem. It says 'DB1 missing or incorrect addr list at cold restart, BYTE Nr.7'. I believe Byte Nr.7 is the line number inside DB1 which having problem. Note that i give a single phase supply to the power supply rack. I also attach again the modified PLC program. To Jesper, here in Malaysia, still a lot of customer using S5 PLC and they still unwilling to convert it maybe in term of budget. dsc S5.zip

Dear friend, I have seen you have change the address of outputs. Whay you don't use the HEXA format (as before) and you change to FIXPOINT ? Have you give power supply to that cards using the front connector ? dekor.

Dear Dekor, Sorry to kepp u waiting becoz i am out of the office for few days and cant continue with the testing. I done the things u remind me to connect power to input and output cards. Now it works, my cpu can go to Run mode already! Thank u.