Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
simonhodge

E-designer

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a FX1N-24MR and using a Mitsi HMI (can't remember exact model but can get that if its needed). I am using E-designer to program the HMI. What was wondering is can i view the program using the HMI?

What program do you want to "view"?? The HMI application, or det PLC application? You can't view the PLC application, but if you want to view the HMI application, you can use the remote access viewer which came with E-Designer. This is basically a standard remote access viewer (like Windows Remote Desktop, or VNC Viewer), which connects to the HMI via TCP/IP. You can set passwords so that some users only have view-rights, while another password makes it possible to operate the HMI via the remote viewer (you can press buttons, change values and so on....). Yo use this you must enable remote access viewer in E-Designer. You can find those settings via "Setup->Network->Services->Remote Access.

Short and sweet! Thanks though, saves me wasting more time trying to find out.

It was to see the PLC program. Was wanting it to be able to show students so that they could look at the program at the device rather than have to connect a PC/laptop up and read from it. Not to worry.

You can use the 'Sytem Monitor' page and enter addresses, M0, D100 etc. for monitoring and changing values. Just add a 'jump' to the system monitor page.

If it were a Mitsubishi screen (a GOT) not an E-terminal (Beijers), it would show ladder. Mitsubishi's GOT terminals (640x480 resolution or better) have a ladder monitor tool. In fact, the GT15 and GT16 now have a ladder editor function which can be installed.