Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob5029

Simulator wont run

5 posts in this topic

when I try to use the simulator, i frequently get the following error message: I have no ides why this would be, as several other programs, set up in exactly the same way, will run in the simulator no problem. any ideas?

Hi Rob(?), Firstly, 8.1 is not quite the latest and there have been many CX-Simulator posts here, so expect there are bug fixes in the latest version. Run the Auto update tool and (in my opinion !!) always best to install ALL the updates - but certainly the "Common Files" "CPS Files" and "CX-Programmer..." of course. Secondly regarding "...other programs set up in the same way.." suggest you are trying to use a manual set up. Are you aware that CX-Programmer is the only tool to also have a "Work Online Simulator" (press Ctrl+Shift+W) which for a normal project, automaticlly starts the simulator, downloads and starts it without any ports settings etc !! Try this and I suspect it will work. Regards, Bertie.

Which OMRON model PLC are you trying to use in CX Simulator? Only newer models will work!!

Are you using CCleaner or another registry cleaner? I ran into the same CX-Simulator trouble after running CCleaner Registry Cleaner once. I had to set some register keys back manually: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\CX-Simulator] "Path"="C:\\Program Files\\OMRON\\CX-Server\\" @="C:\\Program Files\\OMRON\\CX-Server\\DbgMain.exe"

The latest updates of CX-Simulator fixed this.