Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scantimer

C200HS...use a std rs232 cable to connect

9 posts in this topic

I have downloaded several manuals and I think they are saying that I can, but, I am looking for the path of least resistance so to speak. Are there any low budget options that work well with usb cables? Thanks.

C200HS does NOT use a standard cable. Take a look in the download section here for the pinout. Omron Semi Universal Cable at Mr.PLC.com Hope this will help.

I put together a cable based on that pinout going from the Female DE-9 to the Male DE-9 connectors. Do you think it will work even though I omitted the DB-25 connector? I am new to interpretting these types of diagrams and not exactly sure what is required and what is optional in the schematic. Any help in explaining it is appreciated. I am using a Laptop with Vista and SYSWIN to program.

I think the DB25 is the optional part, its for old pc's I think. Regards

Morten AA is correct. The 25 pin end is for the older Host Link Units. All newer (since mid 90's) are 9 pin. Hope this will help.

Hi. I'm new here and to PLC. But I need this cable as well and have tried to make one. The only thing I don't understand are the connection between 7>5 RTS > CTS and 8>4 CTS>RTS It look like a box ? Why ? It look like they are connected all four. I didn't do that And what does the *1 *2 and *3 means ? Look like there are missing some footnodes Thanks. Gregers

Gregers "The only thing I don't understand are the connection between 7>5 RTS > CTS and 8>4 CTS>RTS It look like a box ? Why ? It look like they are connected all four. I didn't do that And what does the *1 *2 and *3 means ? Look like there are missing some footnodes" I think you clicked on the picture in the link, you than got a small picture of the drawing which than was missing the foot notes. Had you downloaded the link and than opened the file, the footnotes were there and the "box" was realy dotted lines showing 2 ways to build the cable. Another otion for the information is here: Try downloading this document (you may have to register (it's free)) http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=...amp;showfile=74 The third drawing is for cable C200HS-CN220. The drawing is a little clearer. Hope this helps And welcome to the forumn! Edited by bluebyu