Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

NQ5 manual need and NT link 1:N

4 posts in this topic

Hi ! I will have application with 8 touch screens NQ5 looks nice - I know only current price but I do not have any manual or even info how I can connect 8 NQ5 to one PLC. Till now I have never used more then one PT connected to PLC. How 1:N link works? Do they have all the same data and it is refreshed in all PTs at the same time or I am addressing each PT and they can show different data - depends on addressing and what I want. Thanks for help

I have never used 1:N NT Link but would assume that the application would be the same in a taouch screens and they just fetch their own data. You would have to set the serial port in the PLC to say 9 NT Links though. Someone else may reply that has done it before but that is where I would start.

If you need specific NQ Information, email me: adrian.dodd@eu.omron.com. The manual is not finished yet! this is why you are having trouble trying to locate it. With such long cable runs, I think MODBus would fincially be the best option and the one with the most flexibilty. The FB's are done for easy MODBus comm's. Which country are you in? I am guessing Europe, as Asia/Pacific have a similar screen NP, but not 100% similar. I can get contact details for your country support but please be aware the product is not launched in all countries yet and the software is not yet freely avaliable. Once it is, it will be gratis and able to be got my myomron.com.

Hi Guys, NQ designer is already on myomron for more then a week. Also is NQ designer also available on the omron website in the free download section. NTlink 1:N is supported in the NQ ( only 1:N) Manual can be requested at OMRON Poland. The NQ can be connected 422 /485 and with a cif to CJ1 PLC or CIF11 /CIF 12 to a CP1 PLC. Make good calculations with respect to length of cables and baudrates used. regards, MPM