Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Hostlink 3 CJ1Ms

4 posts in this topic

Hi Wonder if some one can help me. I log data using Omron Supervisor. To do this I connect 3 plcs CJ1M via Hostlink AL001 INTERFACE TO A PC and and 3 CIF 11 to each CJ1M it has been working fine until I had to take the line down for maintenance now when I try to connect I get the message The Selected port is used by another application. The com port I use is Com Port 1 at the back of the line PC any body know what this message means I run CXP VERSION 7.3. Regards Peter

One can only imagine that some other program in the computer has the comm port tied up. Whenever I have seen this before with any program that has been the problem. Also check in Device Manager to make sure the comm port has not been moved to another number for some reason by Windows.

Thanks Bob I have checked device manager doesnt report any problems. This problem has happened every weekend when we switch the electrical panels off to save energy costs, normally if I connect with Blue Tooth via the peripheral port then go off line I can then connect via HostLink, but for some reason now I cant. Regards Peter

Have you power cycled the NT-AL001 as well?