Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

Citect SCADA login on XP template

12 posts in this topic

Hi On Citect version 7.1 using the XP style template. How do I configure is so when i try to log in/out as a user, a keypad pops up allowing me to enter values on a touch screen? Justin

There is no need - there is a login button on the right top of the screen. If you really need to you look uo 'login' in the help - I believe there sis still a form.

I know the button is there but im using a touch screen so i was wondering if i could add in a pop up alpha numeric pad like the numpad function as there is no keyboard attached to the screen.

Have a look and see what forms are available - the login form is probably still there.

Ok, im a little bit stuck. I can get the prompt to come up to enter the user name and password. I can seem to manage to get a text pad to come up on the screen. Im not even sure if this is possible. Can anyone supply a step through of what functions to apply to my login button to make a text appear on the screen to allow me to enter the password through a touch screen. Thanks Justin

There is a num pad etc available - I guess you will need some cicode attached to the login pad so that when you touch the password bit the num pad pops up. Have you tried Citect support? Have you registered with Citect and joined the user's group? I would reckon there are plenty of people in the user's group that copld help you. I have not tried what you want to do. It may also be worthwhile searching the knowledge base.

You can also use a separately running software keyboard just like PDA's have to enter the login credentials. It can also be useful for whenever another application is requiring a keyboard entry... you can find lots on Google but this looks like a free one: http://leithauserresearch.com/nokeys.html Of course you can also used the Windows built-in on screen keyboard... LOL I just don't expect to find anything useful Windows built in function these days

Ok, i got an example of some keypads from Citect and they seem pretty straight forward. However, i think i need to make a "REAL" tag to use inside the Citect. Ive never done this before. My understanding is that i need to make a new IO Server and Device (via the wizard) and use it for my internal Tag base as opposed to the mitsubishi IO Device i have been using to date. Right so far? The 1st stumbling block ive hit is in the wizard. After ive selected the Disk I/O Device, what driver do i need to use? Is there one dedicated to internal operations? Justin

PS The example keypads can be found at the following link for anyone who is interested: https://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFoZGlqTSs4aU1LSkE9PQ Justin

Just a quick update. Ive got a touch screen alpha keypad example from Citcet following a phone call to them to allow me to enter names/passwords to my password screen. Its at the following link if it is of interest to anyone. https://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFoZGlqTSs4aU1LSkE9PQ At the minute i can open the touch screen and i think im writing the informtion typed to a "REAL" register Ive called password_data by making a button with the following up command: password_data = FormKeyPad("password_data"). I can also open the loginform via is command (loginform()). How do i now make the information entered on the keypad, transfer to the log in form? Thanks in advance Justin

There are specific functions in that project for logging in, why dont you use them ? Just copy the button to your project along with the relevant Cicode page and it should work straight away

Because i dont have a keypad. just a touch screen. I can use the login functions using a PC with a laptop but my question was how to do it on a toush screen. I got it sorted anyway, thanks.