Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECSI

RSLinx to CX-Supervisor

6 posts in this topic

Hi I have a system in place using all Omron equipment but recently an AB SLC 5/40 has been added and I am required to bring data out of the SLC to the Omron CX-Supervisor. I am unfamiliar with AB software but have been looking here... RSLinx Features ...for info on RSLinx. CX-Supervisor supports both OPC and DDE so I am thinking that RSLinx Single Node will do the trick for me if I add another seial port to the computer. Has anyone tried this combination of CX-Supervisor and RS Linx? I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks

First get RSLinx Pro and Not RSLinx Lite. Configure a Driver in Rslinx (what you are using as far as communication?). Then since you are using DDE/OPC select that and then select a new topic name.

Roughly what;s the price of RS-Linx Pro ?? Is it possible to have the SLC talk devicenet to the Omron with a devicenet card ? Then no hassels of connecting to another package ?? Just a thought....

This setup can be achieved with RSLinx single node which costs £265. The following instructions are a quick setup guide: RSLinx: 1) Configure the driver i.e. for your application RS-232 DF1 devices 2) Run the Auto-Configure 3) Add OPC topic to driver i.e. Allen_Bradley CX-Supervisor: 1) Add point & check I/O Attributes - OPC/Other & press Setup... 2) Server - OMRONCXOPCCommunicationsControl 3) Computer Name - (Local) 4) Server Name - RSLinx OPC Server The syntax for adding an item is as follows: 1) Name - anything sensible 2) Item ID - B3:12/0,L16 (16 element boolean array) or N7:0,L256 (256 element integer array) 3) Access Path - Allen_Bradley 4) Data Type - Boolean or Float or Double (for some reason I found that if you want to pass an -/+ integer it has to be defined as double, doesn't make any sense but works) This should get you started. I know my reply is a little late in the day but it may help others who are trying to do the same.

I have just been doing some research on Devicenet and I would say that since DNet is an ODVA standard than yes you should be able to put the SLC on DeviceNet and communicate that way.