Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gixer

FX2n16cclm

27 posts in this topic

Got my first networking job to do and any help or tips would be appreciated. Usually we have one E1101 connected to one FX2n. On this project I have one E1101 and four FX3u's. Three of the FX3u's have Fx2n32ccl units attached and one has FX2n16cclm attached. I have hunted the Mitsubushi site and can't find the manuals for them, can anyone point me in the right direction. Also does anyone know of any books for self teaching, I've no problem programming the plc's its just the networking side. Finally, in your opinion is this the best way to go? i've got to get 8 data registers from each plc to the E1101. Thanks Guys any help would be much appreciated.

Go to the download section: Select- Manuals English Controller CCL The manuals are there. CC link is really simple, reliable and cheap so I don't think you'll find a better solution. I haven't used the FX master but it should be all in the manual.

Hi, here is the link for the FX 2N 16 CCLM http://download.mitsubishi-automation.com/...submit=View+now and for FX2N 32CCL is http://download.mitsubishi-automation.com/...submit=View+now I ve did two projects with CC LINK and FX 3U. only the diff. is I had two cpu's and u have 3. That is of no matter. and the programming of this is also not a big deal. U just go through the both manuals thoroughly. The programming is simply with TO and FROM instruction. With the FX2N 16 CCLM - that is master block u need to configure the basic using TO and FROM instruction. and in FX2N 32 CCL - that is slave, only read the buffer memory alloacted for data exchange for particular station no. No configuration program required for 32 CCL. See in master block there is particular memory area allocated for each no. of connected station.u just need to write in those buffer memory and read at slave buffer correspondig to it. I have attached here excel sheets . It vl be very useful to u. and also in excel sheet there memory mapping of two plcs is prepared. from that ur half of the logic vl be cleared ... half is the game of reading manual. And yeah there is also external switch setting of master block as well as slave.That is very simple. In manual u vl easily find it out. Best Of Luck. Edited by PLC DIGGER

Guys, thanks very much for your replies. I spent yesterday going through the manuals and trying to get the plc's to talk to each other without much success. I get the reason you set the sation numbers, so that it knows which plc it is talking to. But why do you set the number of stations it occupies for. If anyone has a bit of code that would let me talk from 1 master to 1 remote and let me switch 1 output and read 1 register I would be able to work the rest out. I dont think I am even setting them up right, although I copied it straight from the instruction manual. Thanks Steve C

The number of stations occupied is set to decide how much data is sent and received. For example, FX1 set to one occupied station sends and receives 4 words. For your task you need at least two stations per station (which is confusing) PLC to send and receive 8 words. If you had one station, one occupied and you send data starting at D100 then you will send D100-D103 to that station. The next station will recieve data starting at D104. If you have one station, two occupied and you send data starting at D100 then you will send D100-D107 to that station. The next station will recieve data starting at D108.

yes exactly...!!! what veganic said.!!!! i vl just simplify it... the no. of station occupied u set multiplied by 4 , devices u can send and receive. if u set it to 4 u can exchange 16 devices.

Guys, thanks very much for all your help although I'm still no nearer to getting the problem fixed. It's the first time I've ever used a FX3 and just took it for granted that it would be very similar to the FX2n's I have used all the time. I have spent all weekend 7am till 11pm sat & sun trying to get these things to work that I am now thinking that there is something basic mistake I am doing. I have seperated all the plc's and their add on devices. So I now have one E1101 pluged into the RS422 port on the FX3. I can program it no problem with inputs and outputs, force them and get the plc to work with the touch screen. The problem I have is when I plug a FX2n 4AD into the RHS of the plc. I cannot get the readings from it. I have emptied the program from the plc and just written the to/from lines into it to get the analog from the 4AD. I get nothing. A big fat zero. I have simulators so I know that I am putting a 4-20ma load through it. I even changed it to 10volts and still nothing. I have 5 brand new FX3's for this job and all are exactly the same. Does anybody know if you have to do something with the plc to get the RHS socket working ?. This is also where the CCL links plug into and I am wondering if I have missed a link in the plc or something. Thanks again Steve C Edited by gixer

Me again Guys, Just downloaded the manual for the FX3. For the FX2n I would normally write [to k0 k0 h1111 k1] [from k0 k5 d0 k4] That would put all the info that I need into D0-D3, perfect worked every time, but the FX3 manual uses different commands. ie. M8002 MOV H1111 U0\GO M8000 T0 K50 T0 BMOV U0\G10 D0 K4 Does this mean none of the previous code I've written will work in a FX3 ? Steve C Edited by gixer

You should be able to still use TO and FROM. BMOV D0 Uy\Gx k4 is equivalent to [TO | y x D0 K4] [from k0 k5 d0 k4] is not the same as BMOV U0\G10 D0 K4 [from k0 k5 d0 k4] is the same as BMOV U0\G5 D0 K4 Maybe you can monitor the memory with Device batch. Type U0\G0 into the monitor and see what you can see. Use device test to set up the parameters and watch the results. Edited by Veganic

either one will work, TO and FROM are still supported but using Ux\Gy format has some advantages. for example MOV and BMOV are more compact and allow you to see buffer comments. you don't need reading data (FROM) into PLC register and then comparing register to some value, you can directly compare BFM with whatever:

Thanks for all the help Guys, going to give it another go this weekend as I can only get into it at the weekend. I have used the to / from commands and they definately did not work. I am beginning to think that the right hand socket of the plc's are not working as I cannot get the 32CCL to work either. Surley though all 3 plc's wouldn't be broken. Will give an update on Saturday night. Once again Guys, thanks. Steve C

did you check download section of the forum, there is some info on CC Link. i have not used it on FX but normally CC link is very simple to setup. before you connect everything, try setup with just two nodes (master and one slave). check if your TO and FROM are using correct module address (the first module on the right side of the plc is 0, next one is 1, etc.). you can also post your files here so they can be evaluated.

Hi Guys, Have spent all week reading both the CCL manuals for both the main and slave modules. Basically all I want to do is switch an output or two on the other plc's. I have 4 fx3's, one fitted with the 16ccm module fitted in K0 and three others with 32ccl modules fitted in K0. On two of the plc's I have 4ad's fitted in K1, which I know are working, one of which is the ccm, so it is not a hardware issue. I have hard wired it exactly as per the manual, with the 2 resistors in the correct place, so I am sure it is not a wiring fault, and all the lights are lit according to the manual. I disconnected the forth plc from the wiring so I could follow the example EXACTLY as it is in the manual, and cleared the other 3 plc's of all programs so that there could be no conflict. Having read the manuals from cover to cover I understand how it should work, and the theory behind it, but I still have had no joy, am now going bald and my wife is leaving me. If I monitor the buffer memory batch I can see the changes in the ccm module when I make an input, so it is reaching the ccm. I did have a couple of issues with the commands though, the first rung having n/o X000F unit ready instruction. What is the F part mean. Also when I try to enter the n/o m9038 it gives an error message and cannot be entered, I have replaced these with other flags though so I don't think these are an issue. In the manual there is a few lines of instruction to set the ccm up, ie how many stations etc, but there is no instruction for setting the ccl's up, is this correct ? I would attach my files so you could have a look at them, but to be honest they are exactly the same as in the manual. If I set up the system with just the ccm and one ccl, does anyone have istructions for both to bring on y1 on station 1 (ccl) when m1 comes on in station 0 (ccm), or any combination of m/y. I know that if I can get the first one to work then it will all fall into place and I will wonder why I was so stressed, but this is really starting to GOMT. Cheers Steve C

There is no such thing as X000F in an FX3U. It's input and output addressing is in octal, so X0-7, X10-17, etc. Not hexadecimal like the Q or A Series. I'm out of town away from my lab, so unable to test anything. Have you tried contacting Mitsubishi?

Sure have, got a case number number and everything, not heard from them in two weeks though, despite calling them every two days. untitled.bmp

that must be typo, FX uses octal addressing. so generally "X000F" would actually correspond to X0017. hmmm, i just glanced manual JY992D71801-E and there are several things that don't make much sense...

The attached is probably about as simple as it gets. 1 master, 1 station occupying 1 station. Send some 'random' data. It assumes everything goes ok, ie not much error checking. I haven't tested this but we can use it as a starting point. You should already have a program for the slave. one_master_one_slave_CCL.zip

I thought it was just me being thick, surely the manual can never be wrong. It can be sole destroying when you type in the exact code and set up the devices exactly as per the manual and it doesn't work, you then start going through everything to make sure you didn't do a "typo". And then when it doesn't work, you clear the plc memory in case it didn't "take" and copy it all in again. At the end of the day I just need to switch an output on another plc. At one point I was thinking of running a two core from the HMI and shoving a light switch on the side of the HMI. I just need a simple program for a master and one for a slave. Phoned Mitsi help again yesterday quoting my reference number to be told my problem hadn't been "resolved" yet. If it has taken them four weeks not to resolve my problem I can't see me ever getting it. Will donate blood if some one will write me software for one master and one slave so that when X1 comes on in the master Y1 will come on in the slave. Thats all just one input and one output. I don't need to check for any errors, I just need to set up the master to send one bit of info and one slave to receive one bit of info. Steve C Edited by gixer

Thanks Veganic, I understand that D0 increases every time M8013 closes and that D0 is written to H1 in the ccm. But how do I set up the ccl to "see" this. Would it be as simple as? ||m8000-----------------[ from K0 H1 D100 K1] Would this then put D0 of the master into D100 of the slave? Thanks Steve C Edited by gixer

Try: ||m8000-----------------[ from K0 H8 D100 K1] This will read the value sent by the master (D0) from the buffer memory to D100.

Sorry Guys for taking so long to get back to you all. I'd just like to say thanks to you all for all the help you've given me, but unfortunately I still couldn't get them to work so decided with the hard wired option and extra output/input extensions. I've got to maintain the system so going with hard wired system was the best long term bet. Nothing left to do but put the 1 x 16ccl-m and 3 x 32ccl's on ebay. Thanks Guys Steve

I feel like I've failed now. ta. Edit: It might make you feel better to know I've just seen one of our guys rodding out the drains with a length of CC-link cable. Edited by Veganic

I'm not sure what all the difficulty was. I just set up in my lab an FX2N-16CCL-M on an FX3UC PLC, with 4 slaves. One was a combination I/O block, another was an output block, another was an analog input, and the fourth was an E720 inverter. Took very little code and about an hour and a half, never having worked with the module before. The manual is pretty explicit in what needs to be done. I will print my code to PDF and post it tomorrow, along with a write-up on the module settings and such.

Veganic you didn't fail, it was me. With the fact that I could only get in at the weekends and couldn't muck about too much and had to have it all back up and running again for 1pm on the Sunday time was also a factor. But now you mention the cc cable, I wonder if that was the problem. I only used high specked foil wrapped and screened cable. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. I could get the values into the CC's but couldn't get the other plc's to get it out. Clearing my cupboard out, so if anybody looking for the following, 1xFX2n-16CCL-M, 3xFX2n-32CCL, 1xFX2n-4DA(BNIB), 1xFX2n-2AD and 2xFX2n-CNV-BD(BNIB) their up for grabs. £500 cash for the lot. Steve

Attached is my code, printed to PDF. Basically, I have a 16 point (8I/8O) remote I/O station as station 1, an 8 point output remote I/O station as station 2, and a 4 channel analog input module as station 3. This code will initialize the module, start the data link, and read the remote inputs to bits starting at M100, remote outputs to bits starting at M300, remote input words to registers at D200, and remote output words to registers starting at D300. It's 140 steps of code total. And it's pretty much a direct copy (modified for my slave devices) of the code from the FX2N-16CCL-M manual. FX2N_16CCL_M_Startup.pdf