Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr_Ritz

Analogue gauges

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way of producing a transparent analogue gauge with only the needle visible so that it can be overlayed onto a bmp of a automotive style gauge. I guess there must be a way as i have downloaded the extra libraries posted on the download section and it contains images similar to the ones i want to use! Thanks all!!

I guess not. Transparent would only be possible if you would be able to select a shape as the meter background, then pick a blank bmp and set the bmp color to be transparent or just select the bitmap you want to have as background. But I don't see how you can select a shape for the meter. Closes you would get is to deselect frame and border, set display type to needle, and set background and frame color to the same as your bitmap. But I asume your bitmap has a scale or something on it.....

Never let it be said that it can't be done with an NS.... NS Analogue Meters @ MrPLC.com

LOL so close yet so far away..... why not just set the bitmap as an transparent overlay...

Thanks guys, transparent overlay? not sure how to achieve this? I can only get bmp display to be on or hidden or indirectly referenced to be on or hidden?! Thanks Jay for the download but it wont open with my version of cxd 2.1?! Edited by Mr_Ritz

The project is created with system version 8.10, you will need to have CX-Designer 3.0. I attached the overlay bitmap. Have a look at the screenshot and you should be able to do the same with your version. Horizon.bmp

absolutely spot on, just got version 3.0 half an hour ago and been having a play! I'll give it a go and hopefully should get sorted. Thanks for your help!

Thanks to Jay!

Digging up an old thread here, but question is relevant I think. How would I implement 2x analogue needles on the same object? I have a setpoint (that is changing) & a process value that determines safe operation, I want these to be both be visible on the one graph, if at all possible. This would make for a nice looking graph, with some key information being displayed!!

Check out myomron.com downloads section, there is an example project in CX-Designer with a dual gauge.(see 8.programming samples > NS > Analogue_meters.zip). It uses a gauge object and an arc. I have used a similar method using Consecutive Line drawing object and a FB where I could input Radius, Angle and Offset, outputting X/Y coordinates and offsets. This way I could move the needle move whatever angle and length.