Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cpzao

Cannot connect to CJ1M

9 posts in this topic

Hello, i used to be able to connect to a CJ1-M ETN11 through ethernet using FINS. Everything was going fine but i had to change the network settings. Basically i maintained the ip and changed the subnet mask to 0.0.0.0 so that i could connect to it with another network. Bottom line. I can't connect to it anymore. To program it I used ethernet too. Now i can't do anything. What can i do? I have a serial cable with the following configuration: CJ1M (male pins) PC (female pins) 4 shunted to 5 4 shunted to 6 7 shunted to 9 7 shunted to 8 2----------------------------------2 3----------------------------------3 9----------------------------------5 but i still couldn't find how to connect to it. Any help please? best regards Carlos Cândido

cpzao, I think the pinout is: PLC 1-----------Shield PC 2-----------2 3-----------3 4-----------8 5-----------7 7-----------4 8-----------6 9-----------5 Then you will need to change the connection method in the controller properties or "Auto On-line" After you are on-line, I think you will have to change subnet to something like 255.0.0.0.

You can not use a subnet mask other than 255.255.255.0. If you need to connect to another network, you need to add it to the IP Router Table (I think), maybe the IP Address Table. Hope this will help.

For the RS232 port on any current Omron product (CJ1, CJ2, CP1H, CP1L, CS1, CQM1H, C200HX,E,G, NS, NSJ) with a 9 pin port, the correct programming cable is the one shown by EasyButton. That is the full hardware handshaking version. The quick version of the cable, with the handshaking jumped out is: PLC 1-----------Shield PC 2-----------------------------------------------2 3-----------------------------------------------3 4---| |--7 5---| |--8 9-----------------------------------------------5 For the subnet mask, 255.255.255.0 is the only one that you can use for Auto:Dynamic FINS to IP conversion. As identified by gtsuport, the IP Router table and IP address table can be used to access other networks. A true router (Linksys, Cisco, etc) may be necessary to bridge to other networks. PMCR Edited by PMCR

thanks for your help! I have one question though. What do you mean by "PLC 1-----------Shield PC"? Pin 1 of the PLC DB9 plug should connect to? thanks again! Carlos

Connect the shield of the communications cable to Pin 1 on the PLC. Don't connect the shield to the PC. This provides 1 drain path for any noise.

I have bad experiences using the cable without the handshaking. Especially when downloading configurations to DeviceNet or Profibus master. It appears that there is a big amount of data sent over and none of the bits may be missing. If there is no handshake it is possible that you miss out some data and therefore the module will have an incorrect configuration. So please do not use.

hello, indeed I made a "fast" cable and I was not able to connect to the PLC. I used the "auto online" function on CX-programmer. How likely is this to happen? I'm going to try the regular cable and hope for the better :). thanks Carlos

Do you have DIPSWITCH 5 turned ON. "PORT ON Auto"?