Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tstevic

CX-Programmer Trouble

5 posts in this topic

I have recently updated my CX-P installation and have been experiencing an increasingly annoying error. CX-P states it is Version 7.30, CX-Server is Version 3.2.2.1. The Error: I go online to a PLC (I have C200H Alphas, various sizes, CS1s, various sizes, and CJ1s, various sizes). My connection methods are: Toolbus, Sysmac way, Bluetooth to tool bus, direct Ethernet, controller link bridges through Ethernet and tool bus. After I am online, I can click PLC and then transfer. About 30% - 40% of the time, (It seems to be getting worse over time) the options to "Transfer from the PLC", and the option to "Compare with PLC" are grayed out. I can sometimes get the options to be enabled by toggling 'Run' and 'Monitor' modes, toggling on-line and off-line, or toggling (Protection) Release Access Rights. If none of these methods work, I must shut down and restart the computer. I am running XP Professional V 5.1.2600. Other engineers here have experienced the same error. I can find nothing here or on the internet refering to this error. Questions: Why does this happen? How can I stop it from happening? Is there a failsafe workaround? Thanks In Advance Tom Stevic Controls Engineering DMAX, Ltd.

I would like to be able to comment but I have version CXP 7.2 and CX-Server 3.1 and do not exhibit the same problems.

I had never seen this problem before updating the software. Anyone know of a way to revert back to an earlier version short of reinstalling? Attached is a screen shot showing the disabled options. T. Compare_1.bmp

Looks like some registry problem. My method would be, although not so pretty and it takes a few hours: 1. Uninstall everything that references CX-One in control panel. Reboot. 2. Run CX-One remover from CX-One setup disc (look in the utility folder). Reboot. 3. Run a registry cleaner to clean all what is left. Reboot. 4. Reinstall CX-One 5. Run conventional auto-update until you can download the newer online update tool and update the remaining. 6. Try again. I wish I had some slick solution but I am affraid this falls under the category CX-One magic...