Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Milltronics "The Probe" to Siemens Cross Reference

6 posts in this topic

Let's see who is faster my local Siemens reseller or mrplc.com and it's people. I need to corss a Milltronics "The Probe" Part # 86010000 to the part number Siemens places on it since they bought them out. 1. Called Siemens 800 # and was told that best support was local rep. 2. Called local rep and respomnse was "Whats a milltronics?" Hope the Siemens folks who use mrplc can be nore helpful.

Well the best I can find is "SITRANS Probe LU" Have not been able to find a part number yet but that is the same product Fred Loveless Kepware Technologies htte://www.kepware.com

Hi, On the UK A & D website 'The Probe' part no. starts 7ML1201-..... The next 3 figures define the configuration you need and are followed by two zeros. The website has a built in configurator for this purpose. Hope this helps.

Any chance you can post the website url?

Found the configurator thru the Siemens USA Website finally!! Turns out I have three flavors of 7ML1201 on the shelf in my stockroom. Only difference is that the Milltronics use non powered 4-20 loop and the 7ML's use a powered loop. My rusty memory from a year and 1/2 ago and I think we can use the 4-20 powered loop probe if we wire it up correctly. Left the schematics and parts for my off-shift counterpart. He'll have extra labor to attempt a replacement. Will post a follow up in a couple days. B.T.W. - my Siemens vendor responded. Siemens claims no such part number can be found. Guess I'll ahve to send them a picture. LOL

It is unfortunate that your local rep wasn't able to provide more support. The product you have the Milltronics Probe is still available, in some configurations. More information on this product can be found on www.siemens.com/theProbe. On this page you will find the latest catalogue sheet with the configuration information and additional links to product manuals and other support materials. The Probe product also has a newer version the SITRANS Probe LU. Information on this highly versatile product can be found at www.siemens.com/probeLU.