Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iarglez

RSLinx getting offline

6 posts in this topic

Hello, my best wishes for you all on this 2009!! I´m having the following problem: After getting connected with RSLinx Classic Gateway 2.52.00.17 using DF1 protocol with a ControlLogix CPU suddenly it get's disconnected and I have to start the connection procedure all over again! I´m using an express card RS232 serial-to-usb adapter and it does the same when using a conventional USB to SERIAL converter. I've been using this converters long ago and never have problems with them before. Is there a special card I need to use from AB to gain a reliable connection with the ContolLogix CPU's family controllers? Thanks in advance!

How many messages are being executed over the Controllogix? What is the system overhead time slice?

Maybe you might have upgraded or added a patch to the OS. Also check if you have installed the drivers for the converter properly.

Ok! what I forgot to mention is that it doesn't happen the same using another computer, the one with the problem has WindowsXP SP3 up to date! Where can I check the overhead time slice? I can give you that info once I get it! Card drivers are ok as I can get access to other serial communication type devices. Edited by iarglez

See links below SP3 could be your problem. http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

I changed SP3 to SP2. Still the same! System overhead time slice is 10%. Edited by iarglez