Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yair

SMS

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone Know how to send sms message. Using mobile phone connected to PLC RS232 port. I know that most of the mobiles phone include a modem inside What type of protocol shell I us in order to send sms thanks for the information

Use a GSM modem with SIM card. Send data from PLC RS232 port. Just about to have a power cut due to authority doing work in area. Will post some info when power returns.

Considering that I know that Bob very well and the fact that he does a lot of work providing control systems for Emergency Power Generation, I find it ironic that he could'nt handle a small power cut by the local authority :-p Anyways, here is the info for connecting a FALCOM A2D GSM phone to send SMS via a CJ1 PLC.... and cx-Program file attachment will follow.... Here is a link to the download SMS Messaging with PLC Edited by Sleepy Wombat

Good one Sleepy. It is ironic that I haved designed and programmed several power station systems with very large sets and 11kV generation. However, the local authority are rectifying some issues at the local sub that have been contributed to by the Lord's messanger, namely lightning. I am afraid that even I cannot go past that authority. But as you can see they have hurried for me. The power was programmed to be out for 7 hours and in fact was returned after 4 hours. Edited by BobB

Sleepy Wombat & BobB Thanks for the information