Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irah

RSLogix 5 going online problem

7 posts in this topic

Hi I have a probelm with (*edited) RS Logix 5 software. I open the project to go online but when i try to, the 'no matching offline file found / upload or upload and merge screen pops up'. Even if i've uploaded and saved one time, the next time same thing happens. No changes made by anyone else. I found the driver path was wrong for this project, but changing this also didnt help. Other projects are working ok. I have this problem with just 2 projects. So its not the software. Maybe some settings in the project. Please help. Also the software communication is very slow and Communication failed comes all the time when i'm online. I am on DH+ network. PLC 5 series. Regards Edited by irah

Confused, you say RSLogix500 then you mention PLC 5 . The PLC 5 series of controller use RSLogix5. If the controllers you are having this issue with are the PLC5 classic series PLC5/10,12,15,25 then what you are seeing is normal ( no checksum). The enhanced series PLC5/11,20,30,40,60,80 will not do this if you have a matching file. See link below http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 Edited by Mickey

i'm sorry PLC 5 and rs logix 5 ...my mistake...and yes i have problem with original plc 5/25 plc and not enhanced 5/20...so i just went through the article... but according to it once you make upload or download then the time stamp and checksum should match rite...y doesnt it in my case (tried only uploading and i dont think i can try downloading; cant stop the machine)...and how safe is it to check the option to ignore time stamp... 1 more thing anyway to change the title??? its still rslogix 500 there ;) Regards.

Reread the article the classic 's do not have a checksum. Classic PLC-5s (5/10, 5/12, 5/15, 5/25) don't have a checksum calculation – it's zero by definition. Therefore, when connecting to a Classic PLC-5, you will always be prompted with "No Matching File Found". This is also the case in a Enhanced PLC-5 (any other model) when the program has no rungs and when the checksum calculation hasn't completed. The checksum gets calculated as a background task in the PLC, so it may take a while for a large or very active program. If you upload soon after changes in a large PLC program, you may upload before the checksum is computed, and you may have to upload the next time you try to go online using this project. Check before uploading - the Checksum is in S:57 and the Checksum Computed bit is S:1/13. You can view them on the General tab of the Processor Status dialog.

Hmm...misread that...so all r stuck with this issue eh...ok thanx a lot mickey...

Not for a general forum user, but any forum admin has that capability. I took care of yours just now.